Hacking failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4 error [Help]

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have my O3DS on sysNAND 9.2 emuNand to latest

I have no problem loading into rxTools from the browser but when I try auto booting from
MenuHax I get this error failed to load Native_Firm: 4

does anyone know how to fix this? thanks in advanced

p.s. I'm on rxTools 83afbb6 nightly build.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
the latest nightly on O3DS's you need to run cdn_firm.py and copy the resulting firm folder to SD:\rxtools\

Oh, I didn't realize they gave you the firm folder. My bad. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Re-downloading 2.6 from here: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases. Ill run the cdn python file this time, before I used the script from https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/

Old builds.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Current version of rxTools on github no longer uses firmware.bin. Their cdn_firm.py script downloads them separately and puts them in the firm folder. (they still have the CDN encryption at this point). The firm folder goes in the rxTools folder on your SD card. rxTools decrypts the files and the decrypted versions end up in the data folder. If it still fails you can get someone else to send you the decrypted bin files and you can just put them in the data folder to bypass the data install step.

rxTools 2.6 is really old. I would not recommend using it. Infact I don't think it can boot 10.x+ emunand on o3DS anymore due to a incompatibility with the older firm it used.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX