Failed to Launch from SD card menu

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by RareCandyMan, Feb 17, 2013.

Feb 17, 2013
  1. RareCandyMan
    OP

Newcomer RareCandyMan Newbie

United States
    I am having this problem with a few of the Wiiware and VC games I installed via wads. I found information about how to fix this problem with regular wiis, but with all of the warnings about fixes from the old wii not working/ breaking the vWii, I wanted to post here and see what could be done. I did everything in the simple how to guide thread here to soft mod it. All of the old posts point to modding ios60, is this still the right thing or is there something else I need to do? Thanks!

TL;DR: How do I fix the "failed to launch" error for launching wad installed wiiware/vc from the SD card menu in the vWii?

2. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    wads don't work with the sd card menu on vii for some wierd reason..

3. RareCandyMan
    OP

Newcomer RareCandyMan Newbie

United States
    Its only a few of the wads that wont work for me.

4. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Is it only the wads that were installed via wads (mainly "illegitimate" vc or wiiware)?

If so, I DO know of a way, but it IS risky...
    It SHOULD work, but I am still not game enough to try it out myself yet since there is no BootMii or priiloader for vWii yet... but if you still DO want to give it a go (and be a guinea pig and test it out for me :P ), just say so and I will build the required specific wad that is needed to make it happen...

EDIT: Is there anyone else who may be daring enough to try out reenabling this support for unauthorized channels from SD Menu back onto vWii, with my help?