failed to apply 1 firm patch(es)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by brunohectic, Oct 21, 2018.

1. brunohectic
    OP

brunohectic Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Mexico
    Hi . im new in this stuff. I had luma installed on my old 3ds xl and 1 month ago my console was updated and after that ,this message of failed to apply 1 firm patches appeared. Ive tried with the boot.firm from the last luma but still appears this message. When i start the console, pressing select and the power button it says luma3ds v9.0 and in the lower screen says booted from ctrnand via b9s, i have enable loading external firms and modules. I still don't know how to fix this :/ . I hope someone can help me. Thanks

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  3. brunohectic
    OP

brunohectic Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Mexico
    I've tried that , but when i try to turn on the consule pressing the start button nothing happens, it shows off again the screen saying failed to apply 1 firm patches :/

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    EDIT - Hey, were you using an Luma3DS v7.0.5 (or older) / arm9loaderhax (A9LH) ???

You'll need this:

Your SD card needs to be these exact settings:
    • Format: FAT32
    • Cluster Size: 32 KB
    • Partition: Primary
    • Disk: MBR
    I) If you have a spare card, use MiniTool Partition Wizard (free trial).
    1. Delete Partition
    2. Initialize to MBR Disk -or- Convert GPT to MBR Disk (if it's in GPT Disk)
    3. Rebuild MBR
    4. Create a New Partition [ Create as: Primary | File System: FAT32 | Cluster Size: 32 KB ]
    II) If you haven't done so before, check that card in H2testw with a Full Write + Verify Test. If your card is fake or faulty, you can brick your 3DS if you try updating.

III) Delete the *.h2w test files if it passes without error and then use the CFW starter kit archive found here to quickly make a test setup.

IV) Try booting GodMode9. You may need to attempt reinserting the card in several times if your reader is finicky.
    • If the 3DS refuses to read that card, you need to replace the SD slot reader.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Oct 21, 2018
    ThoD likes this.
  5. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    this means it's loading your boot.firm off the nand itself,
    either your SD card is no longer working, or there is no boot.firm on the SD card,

copy all the files off your SD card,
    reformat your SD card using guiformat http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm with a 32768/32k allocation
    then copy all the files back to your SD card

then see if your problem still exists