Fail to start decrypt9.dat

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Xen0, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I recently downgraded to 9.2 and already installed Cakes CFW (I think). At least it opens when I scann their qr code. Now I wanted to install FBI, but decrypt9 won´t open, when i insert the url i get an error and get to home menu again. I put the drcrypt9wip.dat on the root of my sd, any ideas?

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    ask @d0k3 as he's the creator

3. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Which URL did you use? Check the Decrypt9WIP thread (in my signature + you already know it). Decryp9WIP now has an actual readmy detailing all entrypoints and also containing the correct URL.

Syphurith likes this.
  4. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I would suggest using the 3dsx version. Much more reliable I have found and it serves the same purpose.
    If you have CTRBootManager you can add an entry for it and run it directly from there, or you can add it to homebrew launcher, run HBL from CTRBootManager and then run Decrypt9 from there.

Keep in mind it must be run from sysnand, trying to use it in emunand will not work especially if your emunand is above 9.2

5. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I'm using http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/cakes?decrypt9.dat
    I also tried ...decryptwip9.dat because that's the actual filename. I haven't created a Emunand yet so I guess I'm in Sysnand. Wanted it to istall FBI and then the homebrew launcher, so i can't use the .3dsx i think.

6. Syphurith

Syphurith Beginner

Mar 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
    1. You can launch HomeBrewLauncher in other ways, including Browserhax that working, or even CubicNinja which have a wider support range.
    And I do suggest you to get MenuhaxManger (or a similar name) that inside starter kit to install the Menuhax for you.
    2. You need to make sure your setup related to Decrypt9. Mind you please upload a picture of your SD card root?
    BTW there are quite multiple ways to run it, 3dsx, dat, and even gateway Launcher.dat (orz).

7. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Installed Menuhax via Browserhax now and could use the .3dsx :)
    But now theres another problem. dumped the hs.app, put it together with the fbi.cia in the input folder to inject it, run the program and got 2 files. FBI_inject_no_banner.app and FBI_inject_with_banner.app. I renamed thhe second one hs.app and injected it via decrypt9 on my 3ds.
    I wanted to start it, but
    1) the banner was gone
    2) the app didn´t open and said i should download it again and
    3) after rebooting the hs app is completly gone.
    all this happend on sysnand, may i should create an emunand to be save?

Edit: Everything works now, thanks for help :)

Last edited by Xen0, Jan 4, 2016