OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
[solved]

I want to follow the a9lh tutorial here:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
until the step of injecting fbi to rednand by decrypt9

in the decrypt9 it show that fbi injected successfully but when I launch the health and safety app,
it only show the stock one but not fbi

then i try inject in computer following this website
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ect-generator-jpn-usa-eur-chn-kor-twn.391525/
the different is that i convert from rednand to emunand first, inject fbi, and restore emunand and convert back to rednand,
the result is that it show up the stock app instead of fbi J_J

I have try to inject to sysnand also as I remember fbi can select the destination of the cia installed
however, it is still the stock app.
After I extract the nand to see the title again, I saw that the .app and .tmd have really been injected
but I can't launch the fbi in both sysnand and emunand

Any things I have done wrong?
Any things I can do?
Any alternative solution can be done to install cia in emunand to continue in the tutorial?
I am nearly going to cry...

Last edited by xdrz,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any alternative solution can be done to install cia in emunand to continue in the tutorial?

Old method of installing a CIA installer. Download FBI.cia

You need to use rxTools 2.5.2 or above for this method! You can get 2.5.2 from rxTools.net, or follow the instructions from the section "How to Update to a Newer rxTools Version" to get the latest Nightly.

1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu. If you're using rxTools 2.5.2 or 2.6, hold R instead.

2. If using 3.0, press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose SYSNAND, then select "check TMD version".
If using 2.5.2 or 2.6, choose " Inject FBI over H&S app" and then choose "Install".
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir.

5. Put the FBI.cia from the FBI download onto your sd card

6. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L (or R if using 2.5.2 or 2.6) when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

7. If using 3.0, press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose SYSNAND, then select "Install FBI". When it's done, it will ask what you want to do with the source. Select "keep" if you want to install FBI to sysnand later.
If using 2.5.2 or 2.6, do the same as in step 2.
8. Now, return to the rxtools main menu and select RXMODE -> SYSNAND and launch the Health & Safety Information app, it should boot FBI instead
9. Select FBI.cia and press A to install it.
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

xdrz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
did you run the go.bat in the folder with both the hs.app and the fbi.cia?
I try that again and I find that I had injected back the hs.app before
and i change to fbi_with_banner.app by DPAD this time and inject it, it works!
foolish me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no