factory reset

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by essextrueblue, Dec 16, 2012.

Dec 16, 2012

factory reset by essextrueblue at 3:14 PM (371 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. essextrueblue
    OP

Newcomer essextrueblue Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi everyone, can you please help? my sons 3DS is having the same problem as some on other threads; it crashes when he tries to play DS games it is ok playing 3DS games though. The problem started when we went on holiday to Spain a couple of months ago. He doesn't access the internet on it (he's only 7) but that day he picked up wifi at the Spanish airport. I have today tried to factory reset but it's still formatting since 10am this morning. Should it take that long? I did take the SD card out first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also it is of course just out of warranty, it's just over a year old. Do Nintendo still cover them, I've read on other posts Nintendo cover them for 3 years. Thanks again.

2. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    I would try calling Nintendo, because for some things they'll fix it whether you're under warranty or not.

And no, the format shouldn't take more than a few minutes, unless you have a LOT of software downloaded.

3. essextrueblue
    OP

Newcomer essextrueblue Newbie

United Kingdom
    thank you Janthran no he doesn't have any software downloaded and I also can't connect it to the internet either to do a system update. I am going to call Nintendo on Wednesday when I get home from work early. Hopefully they can help. Many thanks.