Factory reset jailbroken iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by VashTS, Oct 23, 2014.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    I need help. I am not an iGeek, I love my android.

It's 7.0.1, its jailbroken, I lost my cydia icon but can still get in via safari.

If I factory reset it just loops and doesn't do a thing. If I try to do it via iTunes using the firmware it fails too.

I just need a simple reset of this iPad. It runs like crap because it's my 3 year olds and he constantly has issues with it. Any tips?

2. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Ah! Well all your data is gone now since you factory reset it.

Resetting + JB = DONE

Thankfully you can restore it, but the data is gone.
    Get into DFU mode, and you will be set.

Method 1)
    • Attach the iPad to the pc
    • Turn the iPad off
    • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    • At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.
    Having problems? Try adjusting the 10 seconds to be slightly less like 9 seconds, then 8, then 7. It’s a tricky timing but you will eventually get it.
    Method 2)
    • Hook up the iPad powered on to the PC
    • Now hold home / power until the iPad turns off and keep holding for 10 seconds. If the iPad ever turns on during this phase,start over and hold for less time.
    • Now release power and continue holding home until the PC recognizes the iPad.
    • I don’t like this method as much because there are “rumors” that it may cause some 1604 errors in the restore. I am not convinced of that though.
    Method 3)
    • Attach the iPad to the pc
    • Turn the iPad off
    • Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
    • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    • At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.
    Credit of DFU mode instructions to BigBoss.

3. jwmghf

jwmghf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    United States
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((!!!!! Thanks jonthedit !!!!!))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You got me restored!!! I forgot the order and timing of the getting into DFU Mode.

jonthedit likes this.