bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So my friend was telling a story of how he was on chat roulette at some point in time and he was talking and these people did not know him but they said his name and signed off.
Or nexted.
Wutever.
So I'm thinking they used a facial recognition search engine or something, but does something that accurate exist that it can take a screen shot of someone's face and find it on, say facebook?
I know of tineye, but is there something else?
Not that I'd be creeping on people, but that seems like it'd be fun to know their name and freak em out.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is news to me! How would the software recognize your face unless it is somehow linked to some information in their database? That's a little scary if it does work.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your friend was probably wearing a name tag, had something in the background, etc. Definitely no facial recognition technology in existence that can instantaneously search through every Facebook photo for his.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Blood Fetish said:
Your friend was probably wearing a name tag, had something in the background, etc. Definitely no facial recognition technology in existence that can instantaneously search through every Facebook photo for his.

you will be suprised whats out there, very suprised.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, I wouldn't. There exists no technology (or hardware powerful enough) to do a facial recognition/image analysis of hundreds of millions of Facebook photos in seconds. Especially not something that would be:
1) On the Internet
2) Being used to do chat roulette

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Blood Fetish said:

you will be suprised whats out there, very suprised.
I beg to differ.
I really, beg to differ.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IP geolocation (despite stuff like http://xkcd.com/713/ it does work well some of the time) combined with a more common search (assuming the same state it is not like population density is all that and narrowing by age and other options) is far more likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.