Facebook Passes 1 Billion Users

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My G+ account sees more activity, and I have like a fifth of friends/follower there.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
1 billion of active users? So why the FB stocks are performing so bad? I can think on some reasons:

- Overpriced asset on IPO (personally I think it is the biggest reason)
- Zynga players have 100 accounts and the market knows that
- Most Facebook users give not enouth revenue to the company (believe me, advertising cant be the "savior" of every digital product)
- They try to make hard to people find the options to enhace privacy, so the market may understand that many people will "flee" from FB
- RedTube still is much more fun
- Internet "audience" is volatile. 5 years ago, MSN Messenger was a fever, 10 years ago ICQ was a fever, and we dont know how big FB will be in 5 years from now.

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
No seriously some people have that must join the herd mentality and I was actually curious.
It really has to do with following the herd for most people. It's a psychological type of thing I read in class.
Yea I just find it strange because they say they think for themselves and then just blindly follow the herd later, I guess 1 billion people have nothing better to do with their lives.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No seriously some people have that must join the herd mentality and I was actually curious.
It really has to do with following the herd for most people. It's a psychological type of thing I read in class.
Yea I just find it strange because they say they think for themselves and then just blindly follow the herd later, I guess 1 billion people have nothing better to do with their lives.

Well aren't you a special little snowflake?

Reactions: 4 people

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Because using a tool to talk with your friends clearly means you have no life...
So using a phone to text your friends isn't a way to communicate with them now.

Well aren't you a special little snowflake?
At least I'm not a sheep.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fake and cloned accounts were deleted last weekend. Some thing like 3.5+ million accounts. It's been said since 2009, 99% of the world human population as an active accounts. That's even after china and several other countries blocked them recently, as use from other countries had climbed up.
and yet I know 6 people that have 5 accounts each

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well it isn't like they all have nothing better to do (I hope). Some people use it to communicate with relatives and friends that live far away. While others use it to post pictures of themselves at a club holding a $100 bottle of vodka in one hand and showing the west side symbol in the other hand (meanwhile they're broke as shit and they live on the east side). I use facebook to communicate with cousins and check out a few pages that I find interesting.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it isn't like they all have nothing better to do (I hope). Some people use it to communicate with relatives and friends that live far away. While others use it to post pictures of themselves at a club holding a $100 bottle of vodka in one hand and showing the west side symbol in the other hand (meanwhile they're broke as shit and they live on the east side). I use facebook to communicate with cousins and check out a few pages that I find interesting.
I think there are a lot of those broke people showing off then people using it properly.

So using a phone to text your friends isn't a way to communicate with them now.
That's a far more expensive and hassling alternative, especially when trying to have real-time conversations or to inform multiple people about something important.
Well I never had the need to talk to a bunch of people about anything that important so I'm fine, I'm also really private so most of my relatives don't know what I'm up to recently and it's usually my friends that come to me screaming about stuff that has happened to them. Apart from my daily life I spend time on forums and adding more music and anime to my phone.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I never had the need to talk to a bunch of people about anything that important so I'm fine, I'm also really private so most of my relatives don't know what I'm up to recently and it's usually my friends that come to me screaming about stuff that has happened to them. Apart from my daily life I spend time on forums and adding more music and anime to my phone.
If you're an anti-social person, that's fine. But don't assume the rest of us are sheep just because we like to pro-actively talk with our friends frequently using a standard online protocol. Just think about why MSN and other IM clients used to be popular.
I used to use MSN, it's just I'm too lazy to install it again when I upgraded my computer so I stopped plus I found that to be a lot more private than social networking also having people tell you everyday that you should join facebook because everyone is on there is somehow not being dragged into the herd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1