EZV 3 in 1 Plus?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Shuam, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Shuam
    OP

Shuam Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    California.
    Alright, I'm planning on ordering and EZV 3 in 1, mainly to play the Mother 3 translation, but I'm wondering if I should get the EZV 3 in 1 Plus or just the normal one. The plus appears to have better stats, etc, but upon doing research it's said to be somewhat buggy, and I couldn't find if it worked with the r4. I'm not sure if the normal one can run MOTHER 3 though, so... yeah. Help please ;o;

2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    The + is the same thing but with 64MB of NOR instead of 32MB. The largest dumped ROMs are 32MB, so they'll all go fine on a non-plus 3-in-1, but I don't know where you would even find one any more, since the stock has simply replaced the old version. For example, on DealExtreme the SKU never changed and the item's name has remained the same, but they ship out the 3-in-1+ anyway. Either way, it should work fine with an R4 as long as you have the latest version of GBAExpLoader.

3. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    Just go buy a + version, the old ones aren't made anymore so they'll be hard to find new.

4. Shuam
    OP

Shuam Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    California.
    Aight, thanks.

5. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    The 3in1+ is also better for dumping ds games.