Ezflash Omega Time not ticking

zeroix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have ez flash omega and right now I'm removing the battery, I noticed that the clock in menu doesn't ticking anymore in ezflash menu
(before i remove the battery the time still ticking although it reset every time my console boot up
did I break anything? will soldering new battery fix this

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm curious as to what your purpose is for removing the battery.

Or what do you think is the significance of the presence of this battery on the card?

zeroix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm curious as to what your purpose is for removing the battery.

Or what do you think is the significance of the presence of this battery on the card?
my battery is on the way and i just remove it before placing the new one
I was just wondering is it normal for the clock to stop ticking if I use it without battery
because when there's a battery (dead battery) the clock still ticking but it reset every time the console boot

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The clock on the EZ-FLASH OMEGA kernel interface will tick even the battery is removed. It will be displayed as 00:00:07 if you have a fast SD card.

If it is not ticking.

This means that when you remove the battery with a soldering iron, you may not have a good grounding on the iron, resulting in the RTC chip or crystal oscillator burning out.

Another possibility is that after removing the battery, the residual tin on the PCB caused a short circuit to the contacts originally left for the battery, resulting the RTC circuit burnout.

zeroix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The clock on the EZ-FLASH OMEGA kernel interface will tick even the battery is removed. It will be displayed as 00:00:07 if you have a fast SD card.

If it is not ticking.

This means that when you remove the battery with a soldering iron, you may not have a good grounding on the iron, resulting in the RTC chip or crystal oscillator burning out.

Another possibility is that after removing the battery, the residual tin on the PCB caused a short circuit to the contacts originally left for the battery, resulting the RTC circuit burnout.
I think the second one is the case for me, although I can still use the card normally without any problem, save and load works fine too
so is there any way to fix the RTC circuit?

Attachments

• IMG_20220827_101620.jpg
    IMG_20220827_101620.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited by zeroix,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think the second one is the case for me, although I can still use the card normally without any problem, save and load works fine too
so is there any way to fix the RTC circuit?

I'm not 100% sure you can fix it, but the problem is in the RTC chip or crystal oscillator, if you have experience, you can first use the tool to measure whether they are damaged, the specific layout of the components can read the attached pictures in my signature repair guide.

Reactions: zeroix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8