EZFLASH IV Lite Deluxe Starting Problem

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by xxpmoney36xx, Jan 1, 2015.

1. xxpmoney36xx
    OP

xxpmoney36xx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    Hi guys,

So i have a NDS Lite and a EZFLASH IV Lite Deluxe that has been working now for over 5+ years! For the first time today when I turned on the NDS I got a "Error [sector 0] data 0]" and "Warning FAT filesystem Error" out of the blue! I have been looking through these forums with no luck... what do I do? how do i fix this?

2. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    it is probably the SD card. Try another one.

3. xxpmoney36xx
    OP

xxpmoney36xx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    if im not mistaken, these carts can only handle 2gb microSDs correct? n if i do get another microSD, would i have to set it up from the very beginning but loading the ez4kernel etcetc and do the whole process again?

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Yeah it sounds like dirty pins or a corrupted SD card, the former being far more common so clean it or pull it in and out a couple of dozen times. Corruption can happen for various reasons, especially with DS homebrew, so it is worth grabbing the data if you can and running a few disc checks/formatting and copying everything back again.

Yeah they can only take 2 gig as maximum. SDHC support was on the cards a few months back in a loader update but we have not heard any more since then.

5. xxpmoney36xx
    OP

xxpmoney36xx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    i havent looked into these thngs in ages but whats the difference between ez4 lite delux and ez5? is it worth getting it?

6. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    are you using it for gba games or ds games? if it is for gba games, there isn't a better card you can find now (at least not without going through the hassle of searching old stock), if you are using it for ds games, which i doubt, buy a R4 clone, they are cheap and get the job done.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The EZ4 is a GBA slot flash cart. The EZ5 (though you will probably only find the EZ5i) is a DS slot flash cart. Technically the 3 in 1's full name is the EZ5 3 in 1 expansion pack and that would be a better comparison for the EZ4.

The EZ4 lite deluxe has 384 Mbit of NOR (48 megabytes) and 256Mbit (32 megabytes of PSRAM) and loads things from a microSD card (up to 2 gigs).
    The 3 in 1 has 256Mbit of NOR* and 128 Mbit (16 megabytes) of PSRAM and needs to have things loaded to it from a DS slot flash cart (up to whatever the DS slot flash cart you have supports, likely 32 gigs as I am not sure what SDXC support is like).

*technically the later models have 512 of NOR but nothing other than a beta version of an EZ5 DS flash cart kernel has ever made use of it (multiboot on the GBA is doable but not trivial and it has another downside when it comes to pokemon saves which is why it never made it out of the beta for).

All dumped GBA games are 32 megabytes or less, most do not go above 16. 32 is mainly the domain of a handful of games, some ROM hacks (in the GBA hardware it is freely available and trivial to access) and emulator packs. The only things to exceed 32 are some homebrew (mainly emulator packs and some builds of pogoshell) and possibly Shrek the movie but that is undumped.

8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I would love it if someone could make us a modern GBA flash cart (Fat cartridge style, fuck the DS Lite...) that took regular microSD SDHC cards, and used some sort of battery-less NAND-based NOR+PSRAM emulation, or supported direct-to-microSD saving, and FAT32 support as the filesystem. I'd easily shell out $100 each, and buy two of them.