Ezflash 4 lite problem

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by fall3nblade, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009

Ezflash 4 lite problem by fall3nblade at 6:14 AM (660 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fall3nblade
    OP

Newcomer fall3nblade Newbie

Singapore
    when i try to import roms in to the client, i get this message "This ROM is not in database, it may be unplayable"
    what should i do?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you have grabbed one of my later packs I included cracker's tool for updating the list from ADVANsCEne dats. There is a batch file in the EZ4client directory, run it and once it has finished it will be updated. This will more than likely solve the "problem".

In more depth/alternative method:
    If not just enter a name in the box in the top left corner of the EZ4Client app, the message itself is a hangover from earlier in the tools lifetime when patches were coming often for new games and the database usually got updated with the patches.
    You can also just send the rom but it will be named .nds (along with the save) on the device, note that doing this with multiple unknown roms will cause the first ones to be overwritten.

Note that if it is an older rom it may well have been redumped (more than a few have) or you have a hacked/trimmed version (the check uses CRC32 so any changes will cause the message).

3. fall3nblade
    OP

Newcomer fall3nblade Newbie

Singapore
    Means that if its a trimmed/hacked version, the Rom cannot be used?
    or is there a way to make it playble

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Sorry I should have elaborated more.

It is just a crude check to see if the rom matches a "pure" rom. Just press OK, enter a name in the top left box and press send as you always would.

Chances are it will work though as trimming changes the CRC but not the rom while most hackers will check their hack works beforehand.