EZFlash 3-in-1: backing up saves?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Fedule, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Fedule
    OP

Fedule Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2007
    I have heard nothing but bad stories about the save backup battery on the 3-in-1. Short of replacing the battery (which I hear is pretty hard), I thought it might be prudent to regularly back up the save from it directly.

Is this possible? I'm using the 3-in-1 Tool to flash the thing, and there does seem to be an option for loading .sav files to the NOR. Is it possible to pull the save file from a game on NOR and copy it?

And since I'm here - how hard is it to change that battery, and what do I need to do it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Fedule
    OP

Fedule Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2007
    Just to clarify:

I'm using the 3-in-1 along with an R4-III and the 3-in-1 tool v1.9. I have my ROMs in /GBA and saves in /GBA/SAVE. I have tried (in NOR mode) selecting the option to back up the SRAM save file to a .sav but nothing happens.

I do see a save in that folder from the last game I had stored on the NOR, so I know that it should work in theory. What am I doing wrong?

(Oh, and I have no problems actually saving in-game)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice