EZ4 setup help

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by starboy64, Oct 4, 2011.

Oct 4, 2011

EZ4 setup help by starboy64 at 10:27 AM (837 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. starboy64
    OP

Newcomer starboy64 Newbie

United States
    Can you tell me which files do I have to put onto the micro-SD card?I can't differentiate between the loader and other things .( I'm a new guy

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I moved your post to here.

First I should note microSD cards if you are using one with an adapter are known to cause trouble, it might not happen but if you are using an original EZ4 that normally uses miniSD try to pick one of those up.

Files..... technically it only needs a saver folder which the EZ4client should make but

ezfla_up.bin - this is the loader and if you have one of these on the root (as in just the drive- h:\\ezfla_up.bin for instance) and hold R when booting up it will flash that to the EZ4 onboard memory. You mainly do this when changing loader (not something most do after the initial update) or changing the skin (the skinning tools with make a new ezfla_up.bin file). Once it has been updated you can delete it if you want.

After this you can put roms wherever you like up to FAT16 limits (8 directories and about 255 characters if memory servers but that is quite ridiculous and nobody goes that high) and additionally only 80 files per folder if you plan on looking at it on the EZ4 (you can just stick the files in another directory)

saver will be made by the client but you can make it instead if you like. The files in here will need to be named the same as the rom but with a .sav extension- tetris.gba wherever it might be on the cart will have a file in the saver folder called tetris.sav (not all flash cards do it this way but the EZ4 does).

Assuming you picked up http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html then only the ezfla_up.bin needs to be on the card. Everything else is part of the PC side software save for some of the .sav files which are workarounds for some DS games and dldi.bin in the HOMEBREW AND DLDI directory which is a piece of DS homebrew you can use to patch DLDI capable homebrew software (nothing save for a save grabbing tool on the GBA used DLDI though)
    Some stick the software on the card as well to save hassle should they be on another machine but that is up to you.

3. starboy64
    OP

Newcomer starboy64 Newbie

United States
    THANKS and by the way can we use a .cht file in the loader (does it have inbuilt cheat support ) so that I don't have to patch the game with gbaatm?(I can't patch games with gbaatm;it doesn't work)

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you are having issues with GBAATM do post in the thread- it might be a bug.

Theoretically the EZ4 has cheat support (the EZ3 which the GBA loader at least is a near direct copy of) has the option although I have never been able to get it to work reliably and as long as GBAATM and trainers ( http://gba.dellicious.de/gbatrainer/ has a nice list although there are others around) existed I never cared that much to figure out all the quirks . If you do head down this path instead of the bundled loader (which fixed a problem with GBA launching from the loader DS mode- the EZ4 has a GBA code loader and a DS one but will load the GBA one on the DS unless you have a nopass/flashme on the DS) start with http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=127 instead of the bundled one.