Hacking EZ Flash Omega - Read Save Error / Initial Error with >1 game on SD

NewJerseyNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first got my EZ Flash, I followed all instructions and I'm pretty sure I had everything right (I have experience with R4 cards for DS, similar). All of my folders were set up so that no more than 200 or so roms were in any given folder. When I try to transfer all of my game files at once, I end up with a bunch of copies of identical gibberish files that don't load.

I've reformatted several times. I was able to transfer one folder at a time successfully so that's fine, however any time I try to launch a game it gives me a Read Save Error and backs out to the game list. After that I reformatted again and put one rom file in the root directory with the kernel and nothing else, and the game launched successfully. I then put 24 roms into the root directory to see what would happen and received an Initial Error on boot.

EDIT - I booted up the system again, the Initial Error popped up for a second, then it loaded to the root directory with all 24 games, which seem to load properly

Screenshot (444).png 20210425_023740.jpg Screenshot (446).png Screenshot (445).png Screenshot (447).png

Last edited by NewJerseyNinja,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
try to remove the non-letter symbols in the filename, including period, brackets, dash, unneeded country name.

The #-C folder too.

Reactions: mrgone

NewJerseyNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to remove the non-letter symbols in the filename, including period, brackets, dash, unneeded country name.

The #-C folder too.

I cleaned up the folders and file names, then loaded A-C folders for Gameboy / GBA into their respective directories. I was able to populate a game list and launch GB games without issue, but every GBA game boots to a white screen. Progress, I suppose.

NewJerseyNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
space is safe

Write to Nor Flash and Launch sends me to a black screen where the game seems to be written to memory but then kicks me to the NOR tab, which remains empty

The roms are fine, I've been using this romset for quite a while on pc / rasp pi with no issue.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Write to Nor Flash and Launch sends me to a black screen where the game seems to be written to memory but then kicks me to the NOR tab, which remains empty

The roms are fine, I've been using this romset for quite a while on pc / rasp pi with no issue.

Same rom. rename to aaa.gba. put it at the root folder. direct launch it or write to norflash, see what happen.

NewJerseyNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same rom. rename to aaa.gba. put it at the root folder. direct launch it or write to norflash, see what happen.

aaa.gba comes up in nor list, but direct launch and write to nor flash then launch both result in a white screen when trying to launch the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...