Hacking Ez Flash Omega Initial Error and Save Issues

Worlds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My omega arrived a week ago, and as soon as I got it I immediately updated the kernel to the latest version.

I have an issue where when booting up a .gb game (pokemon red in this case) whenever I save in the game (not a save state), even when giving it plenty of time to save to the SD card (15-30+ seconds) upon turning the console off it will sometimes save the game, but most of the time won't and I'll have no option to continue despite there still being an .esv file in my saver folder. So I can never know if I'm keeping my game or not.. I have also tried save states and randomly save states will entirely disappear as well right along with normal saves.

On top of this often randomly when via the goomba menu (L + R) choosing exit, half of the time I will be given a micro sd initial error screen and have to reboot the console to access the sd card directory again. I can boot into the kernel update interface holding R still, and I have not tested any other games because of this issue as I don't want to progress in any games if the saves aren't going to work.

This is NOT an sd card issue like I assumed it was, as I have tried two different micro sd cards that I had laying around and a completely brand new one from amazon but I am experiencing the exact same results.

Anyone know how to fix?

For the record I'm using an AGS-101 Gameboy advanced SP and I have tried a Samsung Evo 32gb micro sd, a Sandisk ultra 32gb micro sd, and a Sandisk 8gb

Last edited by Worlds,
Reactions: larryd

larryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have the same problem when playing on my AGS-101. When playing on my AGS-001 everything works perfect.

Worlds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem when playing on my AGS-101. When playing on my AGS-001 everything works perfect.
Ehhh, I find that hard to believe.
At least the different models being the reasoning why it's not working makes no sense.
Perhaps the problem is something internally with the SP, I have an AGS-001 that I never use but I could test it out in it.
I'll give that a go, as well as taking apart my SP and giving its cartridge reader a cleaning and see if that does anything soon.

larryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
At least the different models being the reasoning why it's not working makes no sense.
Perhaps the problem is something internally with the SP, I have an AGS-001 that I never use but I could test it out in it.
I'll give that a go, as well as taking apart my SP and giving its cartridge reader a cleaning and see if that does anything soon.
I think it could be possible, they do use different hardware. Pls try and share your results.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have an issue where when booting up a .gb game (pokemon red in this case) whenever I save in the game (not a save state), even when giving it plenty of time to save to the SD card (15-30+ seconds) upon turning the console off it will sometimes save the game, but most of the time won't and I'll have no option to continue despite there still being an .esv file in my saver folder. So I can never know if I'm keeping my game or not.. I have also tried save states and randomly save states will entirely disappear as well right along with normal saves.

On top of this often randomly when via the goomba menu (L + R) choosing exit, half of the time I will be given a micro sd initial error screen and have to reboot the console to access the sd card directory again. I can boot into the kernel update interface holding R still, and I have not tested any other games because of this issue as I don't want to progress in any games if the saves aren't going to work.

Sorry for your inconvenience , but the emulator needs exiting to save the data and pressing L+R needs to wait a while then exit are written on the manual already.

Attachments

• QQ20180512-072530@2x.png
    [email protected]
    130.5 KB · Views: 693

Worlds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for your inconvenience , but the emulator needs exiting to save the data and pressing L+R needs to wait a while then exit are written on the manual already.

Yes, I do this before turning off the console every time as the manual states but the saves still randomly disappear and often after exiting via the goomba menu while it loads back to the SD card directory I'll get an initial error message. Whenever I get an initial error message the saves are gone without fail.

The reason why I said the saves disappear when I turn the console off is NOT because I was turning the console off after saving the game. It is because after exiting via the goomba menu when I occasionally do not get the initial error message and I can then load the .gb back up the saves are actually still there and usable. But whenever I turn the console off after exiting via the goomba menu upon turning the console back on the saves are never there.

What could be causing this? What does the initial error message mean? If I take the SD card out completely the cartridge will always give me that message so is the cartridge just faulty and randomly no longer picking up the SD card?

I think it could be possible, they do use different hardware. Pls try and share your results.

Gave it a go on the 'ole sp and experiencing the same issues unfortunately. Also tried it on my DS, same results. I have yet to clean them though, all the systems are fairly old and haven't been cleaned for a while so it could just be a case of dust. That would explain why one of your systems works fine and the other doesn't, possible just one cartridge reader is dirty and the other isn't. Need to pick up some alcohol from the store today.

Last edited by Worlds,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The reason why I said the saves disappear when I turn the console off is NOT because I was turning the console off after saving the game. It is because after exiting via the goomba menu when I occasionally do not get the initial error message and I can then load the .gb back up the saves are actually still there and usable. But whenever I turn the console off after exiting via the goomba menu upon turning the console back on the saves are never there.

If user exit the Goomba too quick will cause an FAT initial error.

twicefalles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when I play .gb on ags 101 it doesnt save at all
when I play on agb 001 it saves but sometimes says "inital error" on exit (I wait 10 seconds to exit goomba)

micro sd in omega is the same from ez flash iv (never any problems) (sandisk extreme uhs 3 32gb FAT32)
firmware 4 kernel 1.02

another problem:
pokemon emerald doesnt save on ags 101 but saves on agb 001 (old gameboy advance), it justs tries to save over and over again but fails
when i save on agb 001, I can load with agb 001 again but ags 101 says save corrupt and clears everything

astro boy saves and loads on both

I think it has something to do with bugged RTC on ags 101 because in goomba there is a clock on the top and pokemon emerald uses clock too, but astro boy doesnt use clock

EDIT: I just tried AGS 001 and it behaves like AGB 001, so it saves unlike ags101

Last edited by twicefalles,
Reactions: larryd

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I might not make sense to you but just made new topic for this exact issue. Not a single save issue with my old GBA 001(agb) but using my GBA SP 101 not a single game is able to save. Tested this myself.

Even using old savefiles from my old EZ FLASH IV did NOT work on the GBA SP 101. But DID work on the GBA 001(agb).
On the launch of the game it seems like it's loading the saves, but ingame there is nothing.

Even a clean boot and creating save with Omega it is not able to save after succesfully creating the .sav file....

larryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I might not make sense to you but just made new topic for this exact issue. Not a single save issue with my old GBA 001(agb) but using my GBA SP 101 not a single game is able to save. Tested this myself.

Even using old savefiles from my old EZ FLASH IV did NOT work on the GBA SP 101. But DID work on the GBA 001(agb).
On the launch of the game it seems like it's loading the saves, but ingame there is nothing.

Even a clean boot and creating save with Omega it is not able to save after succesfully creating the .sav file....
Exaclty what i am experiencing.

Worlds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After giving both my 101 & 001 a cleaning, my 001 is indeed saving and working properly while my 101 is still not just as you all are experiencing.

If user exit the Goomba too quick will cause an FAT initial error.

I'm waiting a long time, still having the same issues.

rockmanvnx6

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
same thing happens to me in omega de version. try to save pokemon red and have micro sd card error. I waited at least 5 secs before saving and exiting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk