Hacking EZ-Flash IV questions

FonistofCruxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just got an EZ Flash IV and it won't fit properly into my DS's GBA slot. I got this EZ Flash IV and because of the extended bit on the left, it won't fit properly into my DS and my DS doesn't pick it up.
IMG_0531-1.jpg

Also, do I have to use the SD card reader that came with the EZ Flash or can I use any card reader? The SD card slots in the EZ Flash and the SD card reader are different sizes and I don't have an SD card that fits in both of them.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's a slot-2 add-on extension for guitar hero which should work with the ez flash iv lite deluxe.
You can use any card reader. You can probably get a microSD to SD card converter for a few cents.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That card is for ds lite.. It doesn't fit a gba..
You can use whatever sd card reader you want, btw where did you get this card?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can also get rid of the tab and put something on there to help you pull it out when necessary if you want, or you can find a donor GBA shell and try to get it to fit in that if you are feeling a bit more artistic. I have done the former for various DS lite intended versions of the EZ4 for years now.

FonistofCruxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice. I've removed the tab but my DS still doesn't recognise it. I may have cut a bit too much off. It doesn't fit perfectly into my DS and you can move it to the left and right slightly so maybe that's why it doesn't recognise it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that would be something to try to account for.
You might also wish to put some paper between the case and the pcb to try to force it into better contact with the GBA slot pins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: