Hacking ez flash iv NOR memory help

ejaykn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been looking for a conclusive answer somewhere but have not found one. So I have two games written to the NOR memory and just realized that whenever I boot one, the others save files erase. Is it a fact that the NOR mem can only support a save for one game at a time? So if I have multiple games on the NOR, only one will save and loading another game will erase that save? This seems to be the case for me, is this fact or is there a way around it so I can have multiple games on the NOR memory AND keep their saves as I play them? Someone please clear this up for me, i'm confused :/

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It only has 32MB of NOR, how many games were you planning on trying to run from NOR anyways. Seems you want a pure NOR flashcart and just complaining thats what you didn't get. There is a reason why all the games you want is stored on external storage instead of all of it on NOR, it is cheaper than internal storage on the flashcart.

ejaykn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i'm not trying to get all games to run on NOR, just a 2 troublesome games that ez flash doesn't play otherwise. It's not a big deal and this isn't complaining just asking for an answer to whether or not the NOR will only store one save at a time. Thanks for the reply but I still don't have a clear answer.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can store more than one game and sav in nor if you use an ez flah vi with the older firmware that supports muliboot. I'm going to test the this out right now

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having no problems with multiple roms and saves in NOR. Oh shit I'm using a 3in1 here. That's not very helpful

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be having problems w/ saves unless you didn't patch the ROM's before you stuck them on your SD or you are skipping the "copy save to SD" process at start up. The RAM for your saves will only hold one save at a time and unless you let the cart back it up to the SD between games, the new game's save will overwrite the old one.

ejaykn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wait for the saves between games to write, I turned it to obligated save right off the bat so I can't skip saves. I'm researching and I think i'm finding that my problem is that writing games to NOR renames the rom apparently and the .sav has to be renamed as well? I'm tryin to work with this right now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1