OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just received my EZ Flash IV in the mail and I'm completely lost as to how to set it up.

I simply want to set it up to play on my GBA SP for common play so I don't need to do all this NDS passing or whatever it is.

I've read the guide on the "EZ-Flash Review" but when I load the “ezfla_up.bin” file onto the root of the SD card and load it onto my GBA SP it goes black.

I also formatted it to what it specified and still nothing.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know how or guide me in the right direction as to setting up my EZ Flash IV.

Remember I only want it for simple use on my GBA SP just for playing games.

Thanks you. =]

Champloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The EZ4 can only use SD which means up to two gigabytes, there was supposed to be some makers that broke spec and made 4 gigabyte cards but still using SD but I seriously doubt you will have one and even them I am not sure it would work.

Champloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
The EZ4 can only use SD which means up to two gigabytes, there was supposed to be some makers that broke spec and made 4 gigabyte cards but still using SD but I seriously doubt you will have one and even them I am not sure it would work.

Alright so I finally got it to work (went to wal-mart and bought a 2GB card)

But now I have some questions:

Is EVERYTHING supposed to be in japanese?

Is there anyway to change it to english?

Also I tried using a SAV file I had on my computer but it said something in japanese and wouldn't let me start it up. SO:

Is there anyways to transfer SAV files from my computer to the EZ-Flash IV and vice versa? (I am using shunywebs converter so I don't see why it's not working)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) It is Chinese actually.

2) Press down 3 times, press a three times, press down, press a. Press b to get back to the menu.

3) Save needs to be the same name as the rom it is running from. A note: if you have just played the game then play another or your old save will overwrite this new save.

4) Shuny's site is intended for DS saves and GBA saves are different, first check the saves load in VBA and while in VBA do a battery export. There was a guide around here for the 3 in 1 a little while back (the 3 in 1 is largely a cut down EZ4) but that is the general idea.

Champloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
1) It is Chinese actually.

2) Press down 3 times, press a three times, press down, press a. Press b to get back to the menu.

3) Save needs to be the same name as the rom it is running from. A note: if you have just played the game then play another or your old save will overwrite this new save.

4) Shuny's site is intended for DS saves and GBA saves are different, first check the saves load in VBA and while in VBA do a battery export. There was a guide around here for the 3 in 1 a little while back (the 3 in 1 is largely a cut down EZ4) but that is the general idea.

Alright thanks for much for the language =]

Also I know the saves have to me the same name I made sure of that.

I got it to work...but the sad thing is I didn't see what it is I did...I'll try playing on NO$GBA and then saving and converting the file again and re-load it onto the EZ-Flash and see if that works.

Shuny does have the option of converting from NO$GBA EZ Flash IV and that's what I used and seemed to work.

Champloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but I didn't want to make an ENTIRE new thread just for a simple question again.

How can I transfer the SAV file from the EZ-Flash IV to my computer and play it on whatever emulator I'm using?

I have no problem transferring the SAV file from my computer to the EZ-Flash IV. But when I try doing the opposite it just starts me off at where ever I was the last time I saved.

Can anyone help?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"it just starts me off at where ever I was the last time I saved".... surely that is the point?

If you mean on the emulator then try loading the save file by clicking on the file pulldown menu, then import then battery file. I suspect it is just a directory/naming thing though (options -> emulator -> directories).

Champloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
"it just starts me off at where ever I was the last time I saved".... surely that is the point?

If you mean on the emulator then try loading the save file by clicking on the file pulldown menu, then import then battery file. I suspect it is just a directory/naming thing though (options -> emulator -> directories).
To put it more clearly I'll give an example.

I'll save on the emulator I'm using and then I'll transfer the save file from my computer to the EZ-Flash IV. The save file loads fine so I start playing on my EZ-Flash IV and then I decide to save since I have progressed in the game through my EZ-Flash IV when I do it saves fine. Then I try transferring the SAV file from the EZ-Flash TO the Computer and load it up through the emulator but I'm still at the same place I saved the last time I saved. So in other words I progressed through my EZ-Flash and saved but when I try transferring the save data over to my PC nothing happens. I've made sure the names are correct I even used shunywebs converter they even have a specific converter from NO$GBA EZ-Flash IV and vica versa....

I might be a noob when it comes to this but could someone send me a link or write some step by step instructions on what to do...I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this since I'm still new to this whole EZ-Flash thing.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be helpful to state what emulator you're using on the EZ Flash and which game you're playing.

I would suggest running No$GBA, looking at the directory/files and then playing the rom and saving your game. Then look at the directory/files. What is the newest file? That's what the save file needs to be named and its location.

Champloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gtmtnbiker said:
It would be helpful to state what emulator you're using on the EZ Flash and which game you're playing.

I would suggest running No$GBA, looking at the directory/files and then playing the rom and saving your game. Then look at the directory/files. What is the newest file? That's what the save file needs to be named and its location.
Alright I list everything I think needs to be noted.

Game: Pokemon Ruby

Emulator: NO$GBA

I really didn't understand the rest of what you posted. I know that when I SAV on my EZ Flash I should transfer the SAV file from there to the BATTERY folder for No$GBA (after being converted of course) and I thought that would be it. It just doesn't seem to work it just keeps starting me at where I saved when I was playing on No$GBA but not on the EZ Flash.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Champloo said:
gtmtnbiker said:

Alright I list everything I think needs to be noted.

Game: Pokemon Ruby

Emulator: NO$GBA

I really didn't understand the rest of what you posted. I know that when I SAV on my EZ Flash I should transfer the SAV file from there to the BATTERY folder for No$GBA (after being converted of course) and I thought that would be it. It just doesn't seem to work it just keeps starting me at where I saved when I was playing on No$GBA but not on the EZ Flash.

What I'm saying is for you to run the same rom in NO$GBA. Save the game. Then look at the rom directory or the directory structure of the NO$GBA program. Find the file that got created when you saved the game. Then you'll know what the filename of the save file so it should at least be the same if you're copying a save from EZ Flash IV.

If it still doesn't work, I suggest saving the game at the same point (e.g, start the game and do a couple of actions (same for both games)) and save the game. Then you would use a hex editor to view both files to see what's different between them. It's possible that NO$GBA saves games in a slightly different format than EZFlash. If that's the case, then you would need a conversion program if one exists.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon games are somewhat odd for saves and as such the bane of most support types existence.

My suggestion; take a savestate from no$gba
Convert it with this tool:
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/416/

Set the VBA save to 128 KB (options- emulator- save type), I have not checked the latest forks but you have to do this as most iterations of VBA do not have great save handling.
Export as battery and try again.

If memory serves pokemon also has "corruption" detection mechanism (which it will tell you when it kicks in) and it also holds the last "good" save (which in this case would probably be your NO$GBA save). If it is saying this then we can start on different avenues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker