Review EZ Flash 5i/Vi Review

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
390
Country
Thanks for your review mercluke. Too bad that youtube video sound is so weird.

Can i ask you something ?

I'm very interresting in good quality picture of the EZ5i PCB. I like to know what are difference between all ez5 version.
wink.gif

Can you do some more pictures ?

As i can see the ez team no longer use the Actel componant. I'm not sure about the new one because it's not so visible on your blog pictures, but i think it's the xilinx spartan 3 now.
Also i'm happy to see that the team has soldered again the save memory componant for the clean mode.
smile.gif
 

redact

‮҉
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
3,161
Trophies
0
Location
-
XP
664
Country
Mauritania
ccosmos said:
Thanks for your review mercluke. Too bad that youtube video sound is so weird.

Can i ask you something ?

I'm very interresting in good quality picture of the EZ5i PCB. I like to know what are difference between all ez5 version.
wink.gif

Can you do some more pictures ?

As i can see the ez team no longer use the Actel componant. I'm not sure about the new one because it's not so visible on your blog pictures, but i think it's the xilinx spartan 3 now.
Also i'm happy to see that the team has soldered again the save memory componant for the clean mode.
smile.gif

the two ics on the ez flash vi are:
"xilinx spartan xc350a" (same size and shape as actel chip on cyclo)
and a smaller, more rectangular chip with no brand name (just serial number)
 

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
390
Country
mercluke said:
the two ics on the ez flash vi are:
"xilinx spartan xc350a" (same size and shape as actel chip on cyclo)
Thanks for the info. It confirms what i have said.
QUOTE(mercluke @ Jan 30 2009, 02:27 AM) and a smaller, more rectangular chip with no brand name (just serial number)
I suppose it's a Renesas M6MGB/T331S8AKT. Already used in older product. The M6MGB/T331S8AKT is a Stacked micro Multi Chip Package (S- mMCP) that contents 32M-bit Flash memory and 8M-bit Static RAM.
The bootloader/bootstrap is in the flash memory part and can be fully upgraded. The SRAM part is used by the hybrid mode.

In the over side of the PCB i suppose it's a serial flash memory, probably a ST M25PE40. It's here that saves are stored when clean mode is enabled.
The come back of this memory let me think it's a crucial component to bypass DSi protection.
 

protiny

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
2
Trophies
0
XP
3
Country
Netherlands
unsure.gif
sorry but i wanted to chnage my skin i just made it in ez skin forger to a .dat full pack and now i get the error
"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
nnn13
nnn13convertFull_unicode2Allias: Not find Unicode file item. [NORMAL"1.DAT]
application halted
"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
can anyone help me please? im a little confused
wacko.gif

i have kernel 2 RC7




:yaydsi:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif
nds.gif
 

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
390
Country
protiny said:
unsure.gif
sorry but i wanted to chnage my skin i just made it in ez skin forger to a .dat full pack and now i get the error
"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
nnn13
nnn13convertFull_unicode2Allias: Not find Unicode file item. [NORMAL"1.DAT]
application halted
"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
can anyone help me please? im a little confused
wacko.gif

i have kernel 2 RC7




:yaydsi: :yayds:
hate2.gif
nds.gif
Old post but in case someone google it, this problem is tied to the skin's name lenght.
Must be 8+3 max or you get this error. example : skinname.dat
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    you can bypass the chip by "tricking it" into thinking the power is clean but that kludge simply didn't work on mine
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I guess I'll just harvest the CPU and RAM one day and transplant it to a similar PIII laptop
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    That is, if its compatible.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    ugh, bloody children blasting their degenerate music outside
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Happens here also
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    yobbos
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    There's this shit genre of music called "grime" and "mumble rap".
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    It makes people mentally ill.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    idk what this is but it's horrible
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    It sounds it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Psi has over 800 women on his Facebook now.... Like holy hell women be thirsty
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Why you have so many thirst traps on your FB?
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    You wish that you had one in the Metaverse.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    facebook
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    truly an old people website
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my old MX518 also had the rubbery coating starting to come off, i can never get it back to un-sticky state, the harder i clean it the worse it seems to get, same thing with the wrist rest on my old keyboard too
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    I guess that is what happens to 00s electronics.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my laptop hasn''
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my ~10 yr laptop hasn't suffered from it though
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    There are ways to sort it but they are unpleasant and expensive. Far easier to do a vinyl wrap/cover in electrical tape.
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Seems to be a more hot climate thing as well; had several in or come out of Africa with that way before I saw it in Europe
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Can also happen if you leave it in a cold, damp room for years and years.
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Seems like they have a lidl problem on their hands.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: Seems like they have a lidl problem on their hands.