Review EZ Flash 5i/Vi Review

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your review mercluke. Too bad that youtube video sound is so weird.

Can i ask you something ?

I'm very interresting in good quality picture of the EZ5i PCB. I like to know what are difference between all ez5 version.
wink.gif

Can you do some more pictures ?

As i can see the ez team no longer use the Actel componant. I'm not sure about the new one because it's not so visible on your blog pictures, but i think it's the xilinx spartan 3 now.
Also i'm happy to see that the team has soldered again the save memory componant for the clean mode.
smile.gif

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
ccosmos said:
Thanks for your review mercluke. Too bad that youtube video sound is so weird.

Can i ask you something ?

I'm very interresting in good quality picture of the EZ5i PCB. I like to know what are difference between all ez5 version.
wink.gif

Can you do some more pictures ?

As i can see the ez team no longer use the Actel componant. I'm not sure about the new one because it's not so visible on your blog pictures, but i think it's the xilinx spartan 3 now.
Also i'm happy to see that the team has soldered again the save memory componant for the clean mode.
smile.gif

the two ics on the ez flash vi are:
"xilinx spartan xc350a" (same size and shape as actel chip on cyclo)
and a smaller, more rectangular chip with no brand name (just serial number)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
the two ics on the ez flash vi are:
"xilinx spartan xc350a" (same size and shape as actel chip on cyclo)
Thanks for the info. It confirms what i have said.
QUOTE(mercluke @ Jan 30 2009, 02:27 AM) and a smaller, more rectangular chip with no brand name (just serial number)
I suppose it's a Renesas M6MGB/T331S8AKT. Already used in older product. The M6MGB/T331S8AKT is a Stacked micro Multi Chip Package (S- mMCP) that contents 32M-bit Flash memory and 8M-bit Static RAM.
The bootloader/bootstrap is in the flash memory part and can be fully upgraded. The SRAM part is used by the hybrid mode.

In the over side of the PCB i suppose it's a serial flash memory, probably a ST M25PE40. It's here that saves are stored when clean mode is enabled.
The come back of this memory let me think it's a crucial component to bypass DSi protection.

protiny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
unsure.gif
sorry but i wanted to chnage my skin i just made it in ez skin forger to a .dat full pack and now i get the error
"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
nnn13
nnn13convertFull_unicode2Allias: Not find Unicode file item. [NORMAL"1.DAT]
application halted
"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
can anyone help me please? im a little confused
wacko.gif

i have kernel 2 RC7

:yaydsi:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif
nds.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
protiny said:
unsure.gif
sorry but i wanted to chnage my skin i just made it in ez skin forger to a .dat full pack and now i get the error
"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
nnn13
nnn13convertFull_unicode2Allias: Not find Unicode file item. [NORMAL"1.DAT]
application halted
"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
can anyone help me please? im a little confused
wacko.gif

i have kernel 2 RC7

:yaydsi: :yayds:
hate2.gif
nds.gif
Old post but in case someone google it, this problem is tied to the skin's name lenght.
Must be 8+3 max or you get this error. example : skinname.dat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: