EZ Flash 3 in 1 problem

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Rayquadian, May 19, 2009.

May 19, 2009

EZ Flash 3 in 1 problem by Rayquadian at 11:25 PM (958 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Rayquadian
    OP

Newcomer Rayquadian Newbie

United States
    Can anyone here help me? You see, I had bought an EZ 3 in 1 (phat) so I could play GBA games. Everything about the 3 in 1 I have works fine except for what I bought it for. With my R4, games would freeze in the beginning of the writing process. I bought an EZ Flash V Plus because I thought it would rectify the problem, but I have the exact same problem with my EZ Flash V. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Well since you have the same problem with different carts, your either trying to load a 32MB game into the 16MB PSRAM and it crashes or you don't know that you have to patch some games with your trying to play and it crashes when it tries to copy the sav file.

either that or you got a defective 3in1 (slim chance).

before you ask another maybe pointless question, read this first:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

3. Rayquadian
    OP

United States
    I can't actually open my 3 in 1, but it's a phat version. The only phat version you have listed in your thread is the original (EZ5C5).

With the ExpLoader, the writing always freezes at a definite point. For 8 MB ROMs, it freezes at %12; for 16 MB ROMs, it freezes at %6; and for 32 MB ROMs, it freezes at %3. I'm not sure exactly how memory is written to NOR, but the writing seems to freeze at a certain spot in the NOR.

All the problems I've explained so far only apply to NOR. When I write to PSRAM, it doesn't even seem to launch the game. I get the kind of screen you would get if you started a GBA with no cartridge inserted. (Where it says "GAME BOY", but nothing is underneath the words "GAME BOY")

4. Rayquadian
    OP

United States
    Has anyone else had this problem? I can't seem to find anything on the internet about this, no matter how hard I look.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    see if your game is listed in the poketheaven link, if it is, it means you will have to patch the game before you can play, also means you might have to delete the sav file before starting the game.

6. Rayquadian
    OP

United States
    I checked the link, found a trainer patch (that was the only patch for my game), patch the games, deleted the saves, and tried writing again. It still didn't work.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    try using the SRAM patcher in the download section here.

8. Rayquadian
    OP

United States
    I've tried that before, but it didn't work.