eye surgery

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by noob killer, Jan 16, 2013.

Jan 16, 2013

eye surgery by noob killer at 5:32 AM (273 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. noob killer
    OP

Member noob killer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi there i was recently thinking about eye surgery i don't know why but i was wandering, my left eye was fine at birth but within 20 minutes of birth my nurse dropped me on my head and as a result i have bad eye sight, i can barely see out of my eye when my right eye is open but when i close my right eye i can hardly see through my left, i can still see but barely, my question is if i get a cornea eye transplant would i be able to see again or am i screwed for life? i know this isn't a medical forum but i was curious on some intake, i read that it has a 90% success rate. i was also wandering what the price would be i live in california if it makes a difference.

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I suggest going to an optometrist, then maybe getting your eyes checked for glasses. Because even if there's a 90% success rate, it doesn't mean that it will be good forever.

They can make glasses where one lens does work, while the other lens is just a piece of glass. When it comes to your eyes, surgery should always be the last option. Complications could arise in the future where your left eye will start to fail all together, or the problem could spread to your right eye.

3. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    We can't even give a definitive answer on what the best partition format to use for Wii games is here. I'd reconsider asking for medical advice from the same crowd. ;)

What ShadowSoldier said. Go see a licensed professional on the matter. We obviously don't know your medical history, but maybe there's a non-surgical alternative that could be considered, even if it isn't the most appealing one.

4. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    Unfortunately, I don't think this would help you. If the drop on the head is what caused the damage to your vision it would have had to be from damaging a part of your brain that is used for vision and not something wrong with your actual eye, unless you hit your eye in the fall.

Regardless, I hope your parents tried to get compensated for what happened to you and said compensation is waiting for you in a bank account somewhere.