Extracting Save File from Sun and Moon?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by JasonMoh, Nov 28, 2016.

1. JasonMoh
    OP

JasonMoh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    Hi everyone, I have a question about a method to extract save file from both Sun and Moon retail cartridges and a way to inject them back in.

I remember doing the same thing back when I played Monster Hunter 4G with cell9's NTR CFW v3.2 but that project has been discontinued, and I am not sure if save extract/inject feature would work with Pokemon Sun and Moon. If it doesn't work, I'd like to know other CFW or 3dsx apps that will allow me to do so. I have installed arm 9 thingy to my O3DS, have Luma, and have Gateway.

If you could link to a guide that would be great too.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Use JKSM to extract or import saves. Hasn't failed me once.

3. JasonMoh
    OP

JasonMoh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    Thank you very much. I downloaded the .cia file and installed it in the Emunand. I ejected Gateway and inserted Pokemon Sun and tried to extract save file with Cartridge option but no luck. Am I doing it the wrong way? The error says "no DS support."

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. I switched from using Emunand .cia file to using .3dsx file in Homebrew in CFW A9LH Luma and it worked.

Last edited by JasonMoh, Nov 28, 2016