Hacking Extracting .PCK files

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for dumping another topic here but it seems ripping using a few programs hasn't got me anywhere, so I have to turn to extracting the games files. That being, a pck file. Anyhow, I would really appreciate it if you guys could lend me a hand here to try and extract the file. Are there any programs I could try or people I could contact?

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Sorry for dumping another topic here but it seems ripping using a few programs hasn't got me anywhere, so I have to turn to extracting the games files. That being, a pck file. Anyhow, I would really appreciate it if you guys could lend me a hand here to try and extract the file. Are there any programs I could try or people I could contact?

What are you trying to do?
Are you trying to get the script for a game which might be in the .pck file

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Naming the game would definitely help. And if it doesn't go against the forum rules, uploading an example would help too.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Naming the game would definitely help. And if it doesn't go against the forum rules, uploading an example would help too.
Oops, sorry about that. It's "Higurashi Daybreak Portable Mega Edition". I'm trying to get the sprites and I haven't gotten anywhere using a few ripping programs so I want to try and open the games files to get them. That, and if I can actually re and decompile them, I might add it to my to-do list for translations in the future. I haven't gone into this kind of territory before so I just need some help to start me off. Anyhow, I would upload an example but there's only one .pck file and it's 300mb +, unless you want me to upload something that big that is.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, consider yourself lucky. I talked to a friend and he did everything for you:
Yeah, just a cute joke, I also have the entire dub, 3D models, animations and of course, 3D model textures; i'm just including stand-alone images here though, and not all of them are correctly decoded but 99% of them should be perfect. So it seems there is a second image format but since I'm not bored anymore, I'll leave that, as well as reinsertion (which is trivial, btw) for the next iteration (AKA most likely never xD)
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/8v6WzfWa/file.html

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously!? Thanks a bunch, that's great! Although I'm wondering how your friend went about doing that, and it's also nice to note your buddy has the rest of the things from the game, too.

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seriously!? Thanks a bunch, that's great! Although I'm wondering how your friend went about doing that, and it's also nice to note your buddy has the rest of the things from the game, too.

Dunno, this all looks like wizardry to me, but it took him less than one minute to figure out the file scheme, and another minute to extract everything. So I guess this is an easy one for people with a minimum of experience.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno, this all looks like wizardry to me, but it took him less than one minute to figure out the file scheme, and another minute to extract everything. So I guess this is an easy one for people with a minimum of experience.

Maybe you could put me in contact with him, I'd like to learn myself how to do all this stuff, too. I also find this stuff very confusing, took me a while to understand hex's at first.

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's a lot like music or art, actually. If you're not genetically predisposed to learning it, it's very difficult, if not impossible to ever learn.
I have to disagree with this.
It just takes time & dedication. And good resources for the language you choose.
Just like learning a foreign language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: C64 puts it to shame