Hacking Extract serial number

Ttm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked around but I couldn't find a solution that worked. Some said you can open a file in a hex editor but I couldn't get that to work. So I've got a few switches I'm attempting to repair the emmc on, but I am wondering if there is a way to extract the serial number (XAW100000000) from the dumps, the backup or somewhere that doesn't require me to load into the switch software. Some of these don't have the sticker and others came in a lot and I don't trust that the housings/motherboard weren't mixed up.

Is there a way to get the serial if I can get it to boot into Linux?

Ttm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need the serialnumber? What did you do with your switch?

I bought a lot and some are missing stickers. I'd like to check warranty status & I'd like to make sure the person I got them off of didn't mix them up

Ttm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a console that starts and works fine that I pulled the prod.info from to compare it to some of my non working consoles. In doing this I noticed the serial number is missing from the prod.info. It stills works perfectly and displays the serial number in the menu screen once booted. Is this something that should alarm me or is this no big deal?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a console that starts and works fine that I pulled the prod.info from to compare it to some of my non working consoles. In doing this I noticed the serial number is missing from the prod.info. It stills works perfectly and displays the serial number in the menu screen once booted. Is this something that should alarm me or is this no big deal?
As long as it works, that's all that matters right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol