Extract save from retail card

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Ayle, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009

Extract save from retail card by Ayle at 9:42 PM (801 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ayle
    OP

Newcomer Ayle Newbie

United States
    I'm planning to buy a acekard 2i to consolidate my game collection into one gamecart. Are there any way to extract save files from the retail carts and save them on the AK? I know there is a program for doing that on the CycloDS but it's to expensive for me...

2. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    I don't think it's possible to do this easily, but on the other hand the save files are safer on original carts anyway. You never really know when your microSD is going to get nuts and corrupt all data.

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    You can use savesender homebrew to export Real card games save data to .sav

then, if you need to convert this .sav into another format, use this [long forgotten by users] website :
    http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

4. Tomy Sakazaki

Member Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    You can try one of them:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=983
    There is the update version of WiFi version:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2719.
    The only thing is if you have Pokémon Platinum in your collection, it uses a tricky save system that you can access only one of your save copy, to make sure that you can copy all of your pokémon to your flashcard you can do a save, go to a PokéCenter-like computer, change the position of any pokémon in the boxes (you can simply to a single left, right, up, down shift in position) and save the game again, this way you have the same data on both save slots of retail cart, and it won't matter what slot the tool will copy.

5. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    alongside the tutorials you get
    don`t forget that YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN
    flashing retail cards, even just for their save files is not a wise thing to do, however if you are not gonna use them and even planning on selling `em or opening a new game on all of them, then your losses won`t be high

6. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    I would suggest using Rudolph's Backup Tool from the above link. It works on almost all games (Pokemon is the only exception I can think of), and is quite easy to use. If you need any help with it, feel free to ask here, I've used it dozens of times.