Hacking Extract & dump Wii Savegames

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working don't use the gamecube controller! and I did sucessfully backed up my brawl save! but not my Pokemon Battle Revolution Save
frown.gif

waninkoko for your next version can you fix if for Battle Revolution? & possibly make Virtual Console Data With Suspended data can be copied that will be extremely useful and you can do this how many times you want instead of do it once reset!

Thanks for this wonderful program!

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nice work waninkoko
It works with the GC controller now

maybe you can add an option to run the program again so that we dont have to reset multiple times for different games
just eject disc and insert another one to extract/install

p.s. where is installer v1.1?

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ waninkoko
Thanx for your work m8.
Can you confirm if i was correct suggesting this earlier. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but knowing ahead of time would be good.

TIA.

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an idea....

If you noticed for locked wifi enabled games they have a "NET0 and a NET1" bin files...If I am assuming correctly, maybe thats your friend code and friends list! Meaning getting a another save file and replacing it with your original NET0 and NET1 files, you won't loss your wifi data. Haven't tried because I can't find a smash bros file to try it on..If anyone can confirm this ill love them forever.

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
I just got an idea....

If you noticed for locked wifi enabled games they have a "NET0 and a NET1" bin files...If I am assuming correctly, maybe thats your friend code and friends list! Meaning getting a another save file and replacing it with your original NET0 and NET1 files, you won't loss your wifi data. Haven't tried because I can't find a smash bros file to try it on..If anyone can confirm this ill love them forever.

I can confirm this works
smile.gif

I found the powersave 100% file of smash bros...i ripped my old save file and erased it, and installed the action replay version...I then put my original file to my desktop, and then ripped the action replay file...I replaced the action replay's file with my NET0 and NET1 files and I went online to check and my old friend list and friend code are still there!

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pikachu025 said:
SpikeyNDS said:
Is there a method of converting a save game's region? I'd really like it if I could backup my PAL MKWii save and convert it so I can use it with the NTSC-U version.
I haven't tested the program yet, but if it indeed dumps the saves unencrypted this could be quite possible with a bit of Hex-editing.
Okay, haven't specifically checked MKWii yet, but try this: Just rename the folder from "RMCP" to "RMCE" and copy it back to your Wii using the US-Version of MKWii, see if that works.

That said, nice program, but I think I found a bug (using version 1, not 1.1). I tried to copy my Super Paper Mario (PAL) save (R8PP), and on the Wii your prog said it worked fine. Looking at the save folder, I only have three files: Banner.bin, Filelist.dat and "Wiimario", without any extension. However, according to Filelist.dat, there should be more files: wiimario03 banner.bin wiimario02 wiimario01 wiimario00. Also, my save (saved in save slot 4 in-game, other three are empty) is definately not in the dump, as the "Wiimario" file is nearly empty, just a few bytes at the start and at the end, else 00s only.

BigSock

Trophies
XP
Country
Pikachu025 said:
Pikachu025 said:
SpikeyNDS said:
Is there a method of converting a save game's region? I'd really like it if I could backup my PAL MKWii save and convert it so I can use it with the NTSC-U version.
I haven't tested the program yet, but if it indeed dumps the saves unencrypted this could be quite possible with a bit of Hex-editing.
Okay, haven't specifically checked MKWii yet, but try this: Just rename the folder from "RMCP" to "RMCE" and copy it back to your Wii using the US-Version of MKWii, see if that works.
This does not work. It will give you a message about your region being changed, and the option to create a completely new savegame or returning to the wii menu to change your region.

I also tried to compare two completely fresh savegames and edit the differences into the PAL savegame (only a few bytes in what is probably the header of the file where different), but that didn't work either (saying I corrupted the savegame)

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone make a Wii Save Data Editor fro games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl to get 9999 Coins,SSE Completed on Intense,All Trophies,All Stickers on your own data. if anyone is intrested in data I extracted my own data & powersaves data if anyone is willing to make this happen! for those have great hacking skills!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can