WiizardDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi GBAtemp.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with my external HDD, It is a Western Digital My Passport which is 500GB formatted as FAT32. All my games used to work just fine and I used Configurable USB Loader to play them.

I have tried both ports on the back of the Wii and nothing is working, although I did try another cable and that worked but only for a matter of 15 minutes.

On a side note, my external HDD isn't even showing up on my computer either recently.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the drive is dying or is dead since its not being seen on either.

if you can get your computer to see it again run chk dsk on it to see if it has bad sectors.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi GBAtemp.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with my external HDD, It is a Western Digital My Passport which is 500GB formatted as FAT32. All my games used to work just fine and I used Configurable USB Loader to play them.

I have tried both ports on the back of the Wii and nothing is working, although I did try another cable and that worked but only for a matter of 15 minutes.

On a side note, my external HDD isn't even showing up on my computer either recently.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
When you plug it into the PC, what happens? Does it make any sounds like it's trying to read the drive? Does the drive LED light up/flash?
Also, does it show up under Device Manager or Disk Management? (right click Computer->Manage)

WiizardDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the drive is dying or is dead since its not being seen on either.

if you can get your computer to see it again run chk dsk on it to see if it has bad sectors.

Will do that.

When you plug it into the PC, what happens? Does it make any sounds like it's trying to read the drive? Does the drive LED light up/flash?
Also, does it show up under Device Manager or Disk Management? (right click Computer->Manage)

Yes makes a vibrating sound so I know its working ok. The LED has fell out :/

It does show up in device manager yes.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Will do that.

Yes makes a vibrating sound so I know its working ok. The LED has fell out :/

It does show up in device manager yes.
Hmm that only proves the HDD is spinning up, but there could be other serious issues with it. Especially if you hear any clicking noises, those are usually a sign of a failing/failed drive.
It definitely does sound like a dead drive based on the other things you said, and you probably don't have much of a choice other than buying a new one or getting a replacement if the warranty is still valid.

WiizardDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm that only proves the HDD is spinning up, but there could be other serious issues with it. Especially if you hear any clicking noises, those are usually a sign of a failing/failed drive.
It definitely does sound like a dead drive based on the other things you said, and you probably don't have much of a choice other than buying a new one or getting a replacement if the warranty is still valid.

I just tried it before in my Wii and it was working again!

Then i tried again and it didn't :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone