Exploit idea.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Alex-JA, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Alex-JA
    OP

Alex-JA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    If you use the amiibo NFC Reader in Nintendo 3DS (or New Nintendo 3DS his NFC Point) by simply reading the data, you can access to the kernel of the console.

In other words: The NFC port of the console have kernel permissions, because is registering your data in the amiibo. So if we open an simulated NFC port that can open the kernel... We'll have access to kernel version 9.5 to 10.1.

To try, nothing happens. This is my idea. (Sorry for my English, I hope you can understand it)

Last edited by Alex-JA, Sep 19, 2015

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Your English is very good. Your logic is not.

"To try, nothing happens." -- that's the only thing you said that's correct.

3. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Open an simulated NFC port that can open the kernel?
    You watched too much stargate buddy :D

What you say makes no sense at all.

4. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    This is something I tested way back when like when 9.2 came out... In short you don't get what is needed, trust me, yellows8 even looked into it ;) he mapped a few of the offsets it uses but most of it's still unknown.

5. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    People should really stop doing this...

teampleb, 2Hack and HaloEffect17 like this.
  6. Alex-JA
    OP

Alex-JA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    That's the problem. The most it's unknow but... who tells us that the solution is not inside the unknown?

Subtle Demise and Margen67 like this.
  7. lemanuel
    This message by lemanuel has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Sep 19, 2015, Reason: Nice meme!.
    Sep 19, 2015
  8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    This is type of post that ends up in people signatures to live in eternal infamy. :lol:

9. Alex-JA
    OP

Alex-JA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    You could program an downgrade and run it from the NFC port.
    They're ideas. Rather than sit idly or complaining... ;)

10. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    It seems like someone creates, essentially, this same thread every month or so.

gamesquest1 and HaloEffect17 like this.
  11. Alex-JA
    OP

Alex-JA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    It's my idea. I've too much more.
    I want to collaborate in the scene. I not have blame that each month make the same post, you know?

12. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    There's a few different threads asking essentially the same thing. It's a horse that been beaten, then thoroughly checked for viability, then beaten again.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  13. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Sigh... another one of these threads.

14. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    If I recall correctly that's the topic that made us become friends

15. CIAwesome526
    This message by CIAwesome526 has been removed from public view by Veho, Sep 21, 2015.
    Sep 19, 2015
  16. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    There's no need to be alienating. He was simply curious, and while neglecting the forums' search function, asked his question. He got his answer and he knows it's been asked and explored before. Let's just leave it at that.

17. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Thank you for the Signature, I had some problems trying to find a good signature, and after some thought, i decided that what you said will be on my sig, thanks.

Ontopic: Now look, the problem of what you're saying is that the ports where the amiibo looks works in a entire different thing than your common 3DS vulnerability, to begin with, amiibos stores only a fraction of information from a external way, therefore, making this quite a problem to deduce, because as i said, amiibos works in a different way than a 3DS or a Wii U, the amount of information stored from an amiibo is temporal, so trying to find an exploit inside from an amiibo would take quite some time, and when someone actually manages to do find it, somebody else would probably had a better idea to hack a 3DS post 9.2.

When you're hacking something, you don't think in "What If" with things that may not provide a stable answer to the 3DS hacking, you do the "What If?" with the 3DS itself, because that's the console we need full control of it, the amiibos later, if we were working with amiibos first, we would take far more time than trying to find any other vulnerability on the 3DS, i don't think your idea is bad, honestly, but the amount of information an amiibo can provide (Their DLC) is unstable, temporal, and not workable for these kind of things.

lemanuel and HaloEffect17 like this.
  18. Alex-JA
    OP

Alex-JA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    Thank you so much for this info! ^^
    Although I don't know why you put my message in the signature: /

19. Alex-JA
    OP

Alex-JA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    Thanks to you too! (/^o^)/

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  20. GhostLatte
    This message by GhostLatte has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Sep 20, 2015, Reason: Nice meme!.
    Sep 19, 2015
  21. lemanuel
    This message by lemanuel has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Sep 20, 2015, Reason: Nice meme!.
    Sep 19, 2015
  22. GhostLatte
    This message by GhostLatte has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Sep 20, 2015, Reason: Nice meme!.
    Sep 20, 2015
  23. Ryuzaki_MrL

Ryuzaki_MrL Furry Addict

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    "I've crashed the Internet Browser, is this exploitable?"

24. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Not sure if you all noticed but he posted the exact same thing as in the 1st post in another thread using a different account :P

Zidapi and usernametaken like this.
  25. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    I highly doubt that this could do anything, I am sure that almost all of the data is parsed by the calling application and all the kernel library would do is access the hardware.

26. GhostLatte
    This message by GhostLatte has been removed from public view by Veho, Sep 21, 2015.
    Sep 21, 2015