Hacking EXP PAK / 64DD VC games...

nncoolg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a theory, well, less or a theory and more of a pondering...

Firstly...The big N wrote an emulator for the cube for OOT & Majora, so obviously they COULD make one for the VC for exp. pak games...Is it possible to hack that one (I think it's a .DOL) and mock-up a majoras mask VC channel?

Secondly...I have a Gamecube version of doshin the giant, does that mean it is an EMULATED 64DD ROM??? could that possibly open-up the beginnings of 64DD emulation on the wii?

...just a thought!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting theory, iv always been intrigued by the DD, always wanted to create my own F-zero tracks!

64dd.jpg

f-zero_x_dd_03.jpg

n64dd2.jpg
ohmy.gif

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
You would have to tell the .dol that it has to read the rom from the wii nand.
Great idea but i dont think it is possible.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think any GameCube code can be converted to a channel. Things like the controls wouldn't work at all. You have to run GameCube code in GameCube mode, and in GC mode you can't read from the internal flash, obviously.

About Doshin the Giant: I don't see why it would be emulated. I think it was just ported over to the GameCube, and developement continued. Like, for example, Starfox Adventures.

nncoolg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, the game was released on the N64 as a retail title in japan, I have 2 versions of it, a Shop kiosk demo version, the retail version, aswell as the retail version of the sequel game, doshin 2 (has a longer name which I dont know). I also have the GCN doshin1, and it is the same, minus the english text. It might be a port, but an emulation makes more sense, especially since thats what they did with the classic zeldas.

And yes, the F zero track editor is rad!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nncoolg said:
no, the game was released on the N64 as a retail title in japan, I have 2 versions of it, a Shop kiosk demo version, the retail version, aswell as the retail version of the sequel game, doshin 2 (has a longer name which I dont know). I also have the GCN doshin1, and it is the same, minus the english text. It might be a port, but an emulation makes more sense, especially since thats what they did with the classic zeldas.

And yes, the F zero track editor is rad!
fixed

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
O
M
G

its been 10 years since it was released, and i still love it!

some one has to port that, translate it and bang it in a VC wad!!!!!!

(im sure Fzero X FZ was listed in the vc inject wiki a while back ... but the wiki's been removed??)

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
I don't think any GameCube code can be converted to a channel. Things like the controls wouldn't work at all. You have to run GameCube code in GameCube mode, and in GC mode you can't read from the internal flash, obviously.

About Doshin the Giant: I don't see why it would be emulated. I think it was just ported over to the GameCube, and developement continued. Like, for example, Starfox Adventures.

i don't know about the gamecube code but you can use things like gamecube controllers on wiimote, so if the whole code can be rewritten into wiimote, then i think this is possible, but you'll need to get the source then, cause you don't know the code inside the dol...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
agreed, but (and correct me if i'm wrong) I seem to rememeber it WAS injected and loaded, but crashed or gfx were REALLY slow...

perhaps a lot of hex editing could resolve this like the "goldeneye" inject video.... who knows..

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i actually played Majora mask myself on my wii, it wasn't a VC wad, but i used the zelda emu for GC inject the Majora mask rom into it, then ran the GC ISO through sd-boot through Gcbooter to get it to work, but this is in GC mode not Wii mode,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu