EXCEPTION (DSI) My WII dont UNLOCK

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rafalince, Dec 7, 2015.

1. rafalince
    OP

rafalince Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2015
    Brazil
    Hello,

iam trying unlock my wii 4.3U, i used letter bomb and installed BOOT MII AS IOS and HOMEBREW, when i try use pimp my wii to install a bug trucha and hack my wii, it simples freezer on a exception screen.

2. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    when you already got the homebrew channel, why use trucha bug?

3. rafalince
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2015
    Brazil
    I tryied Modwii, and much other program but all the programs give me the same erros of the title. And i cant play backups

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    PimpMyWii works just fine. I've modded close to 40 Wiis without any problems. You just need a RELIABLE internet connection is all. It's also far easier since there's no PC needed except to put the app on the SD card. It's very noob friendly, and makes Wii modding easy. If people are bricking their Wiis with it, then they're obviously using it wrong.

5. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    the fact that he had tried PimpMyWii which didn't work for him and the fact that now in 2015, he still wants to install Trucha Bug clearly shows that he doesn't know what he is doing. So if PimpMyWii did brick his Wii than he himself is the only one to blame?

Jayro and popokakapetu like this.
  6. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I wish I could help and I wish you luck, please do not take offense to the following solution: Emulation is capable on numerous platforms. I don't make such a suggestion to "give up" frivolously, there are good reasons to just emulate with dolphin: Wii and GC games upscaled to HD look fantastic, you can even turn 30 FPS games into 60 FPS

7. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Exactly.

8. rafalince
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2015
    Brazil

Thank you but i wannar unlock my wii to play wii games in the console. I have dolphin, but i dosent like so much.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What i have to do ? I tried use the usbloader gx withou anything and didnt worked, what i have to install ?

9. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    You have HBC installed, right?
    To play Wii games, all you have to do is install cios using Modmii or d2x-installer in adding to of course a usbloader.

try slot 249 base 56 and slot 250 base 57 (most common setup) with d2x v8 final or d2x v10 beta52. Make sure you choose the correct version for Wii or vWii(WiiU) - they are not interchangable and PimpMyWii will surely brick any vWii.

It definitely help to read the link above and/or guides generated by Modmii so that you learn more about what you are going to do instead of going on blindly.