azithinkibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there,

I'm new to all this, and I've read a lot of the guides/reviews here for the different products, but I just want to be totally sure before I make a purchase.

As far as I can tell, the G6 lite as described here G6 lite can play (and here's the functionality I'm looking for) DS, GBA, NES, and SNES roms, as long as you have one of these passcard or something similar, and of course an emulator for the NES/SNES. Am I understanding that right? I won't need to buy anything extra?

If that's the case, then can anyone suggest a place I could buy one? Seems all I can find are the (new?) G6 reals, which as far as I can tell can't play GBA roms.

Otherwise, are their any other products/combination of products that work better/are cheaper than a G6 lite that you could suggest? Keeping in mind that all I'm concerned with is being able to run DS, GBA, NES, and SNES roms?

Thanks!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hey there,

I'm new to all this, and I've read a lot of the guides/reviews here for the different products, but I just want to be totally sure before I make a purchase.

As far as I can tell, the G6 lite as described here G6 lite can play (and here's the functionality I'm looking for) DS, GBA, NES, and SNES roms, as long as you have one of these passcard or something similar, and of course an emulator for the NES/SNES. Am I understanding that right? I won't need to buy anything extra?

Its most important ability is playing GBA roms, you can play NES, DS, SNES with almost any other flash cart like R4 since you will not use its native NES/SNES emulator anyway and will use better homebrews.

And yes, with G6 Lite and something like PassCard3, you wont need anything else.

If that's the case, then can anyone suggest a place I could buy one? Seems all I can find are the (new?) G6 reals, which as far as I can tell can't play GBA roms.

No, G6 Real needs another cart to play GBA roms like Ez 3-in-1 or Ez4 or EWIN, etc.

QUOTE(azithinkibe @ Jan 26 2008, 08:28 AM)Otherwise, are their any other products/combination of products that work better/are cheaper than a G6 lite that you could suggest? Keeping in mind that all I'm concerned with is being able to run DS, GBA, NES, and SNES roms?

Thanks!

I strongly not suggest buying G6 Lite since its kind of near obsolete card, hence it plays all roms until today but it will not get support for a long time and its a very expensive card to just get for its GBA functionality.

I would buy a slot-1 device (search to find out which one of Cyclo/R4/DSTT/G6 Real/AceKard/etc suits your needs) and another Slot-2 device like popular 3-in-1 or EWIN or EZ IV, V,etc.

thats what most people do.

And last but not least, Thank you for reading that review before asking everything from scratch.

AND welcome to temp!
have a nice stay.

azithinkibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, thanks for your help!

I checked out the M3 DS Real, as seen here M3 DS Real - again, as far as I can tell, this would do what I was looking for, correct? It has a slot 1 card and a GBA expansion, so all I would need is this and a micro SD card and I'd be good to go?

The reviews seem pretty good, no glaring flaws yet, and the price is pretty good. Thumbs up or down?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I'm sorry that I have no experience over M3 products so I cant provide you feedbacks over it, but yes it needs a micro SD card and be cautious about the brand you buy to not to get down by lags (Kingston Japanese ones are good).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things