everything got black and white D:

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sliter, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Hey all, I posted about that where I think that it could have caused but I think it should be better starting a thread ....
    well sudden I noticed that MY screen are in black& white, I don't remind well then because I thought it was the TV, but wen I turn the TV on again I saw it had colors, only the wii got BW images....

I don't have much idea of what happened but Maybe can be because I tried to run GC games via wiiflow and devolution
    on devoluton I was just testing, I ripped my japanese smash bros melee disc and tried to play there, don't worked idk why ( I was testing with a gamecube controller)

On wiiflow I just forgot the disc inside wii and it just booted, then I turned off the wii, when I noticed everything was black/whit on screen (but the TV channel things keep in color)

I really not sure the order I made it and wat went wrong ... I'm still testing these two and I coun't use them properly yet
    Anyway here my syscheck, if have something I could do to save me from this problems and to impove it I would be very thankfull

Please, I'm in despair omg xD and thanks for the atention

Edit:
    I solveD it getting a new controller that could let me change the bright and contrasts stuff , I don't know how it got changed last time since the controller we had, don't had the menu option :v (of couse, both aren't the original controller form the TV )

Last edited by Sliter, Aug 19, 2017
  2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Your IOS and cIOS seem to be ok, so the problem has got to be in the display settings, did you try setting back to 50HZ and then to 60HZ?
    Are you using official Nintendo AV cables?
    Did you try using other AV cables?

Sliter likes this.
  3. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I will look for that but these things change without notice? lol
    Yep, the same that came with the wii
    and nope, I have only this one

I looked there on wii setting but there's no settings to 50/60hz o-o maybe because it's an US console?

4. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Try this:

- Power on Wii, give it a few seconds to boot
    - Hold DOWN on the directional pad of the Wii remote
    - While holding DOWN, press the RESET button on the Wii

The Wii reboots and the screen settings are back to default.

Sliter likes this.
  5. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    still BW :x

6. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Question, do you have it connected to a HDTV or a SDTV?

Sliter likes this.
  7. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    an SDTV

8. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    It can be the cables or the TV, try plugging to another TV if you can, or try using another cables.

9. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I tried my old N64 there and really was the TV :B I have no idea how it happened and sadly the original TV controler broke so I cant see they settings D:
    Anyway, thanks for all the help!

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    If it's an SDTV and you're seeing images in black and white, chances are that you switched from PAL to NTSC or the other way around. Double-check the settings and make sure that they match with the ones of your TV - older TV's don't always support both modes. Force the appropriate mode and re-try. According to a quick Google search, Brazil uses PAL-M while your system is set to NTSC-U.

Alternatively, you should try checking the Source setting of your TV. Some older televisions have separate channels for standard SCART/Composite and SCART/"True" RGB - this makes a difference, as the Wii uses Composite and without separate RGB channels, you'll see a black and white picture... that is, provided you're using SCART (I'm not sure if it's available in Brazil, but the symptoms match as well).

Sliter likes this.
  11. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well some TVs here have automatil pal-m /ntsc , in this case mine worked as ntsc, but I testes this already anyway but nothing :v
    I Think sometthing happened with the TV configs, snce I used my n64 there and it was in BW too ô3o
    mu problem is that this TV's comtroll broke long ago and I can acess the Tv menu :v I even tried with one " universal remote controller" but I could only do simples things, not entering the menu

So I'm almost sure that is something with the TV, I will test on another TV latter ! thanks for the attetion!