Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They don't have to - games have updates embedded into the ROM image. You're in no way restricted from using your device.
Game might have an update, but not the latest of the console.
Also, there are certain game cartridges that require a download (Day 1 patch) to work with on the console, and where are you getting said update without connection to the servers for the update?
LA Noire, Doom, Wolfenstein 2 are examples of this, I think even BotW did it at some point (for the Wii U at least).

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Game might have an update, but not the latest of the console.
Also, there are certain game cartridges that require a download (Day 1 patch) to work with on the console, and where are you getting said update without connection to the servers for the update?
LA Noire, Doom, Wolfenstein 2 are examples of this, I think even BotW did it at some point (for the Wii U at least).
Those games feature a big warning on the box. I don't understand why you people think you're entitled to use their services - Nintendo doesn't owe you anything, you tried to pull a fast one on them.

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Those games feature a big warning on the box. I don't understand why you people are entitled to service - Nintendo doesn't owe you anything, you tried to pull a fast one on them.
The warning says "Internet download required. microSD card may be required", you can be banned and still have internet access and a microSD card and still be unable to play...

Reactions: Quantumcat

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The warning says "Internet download required. microSD card may be required", you can be banned and still have internet access and a microSD card and still be unable to play...
The box also says that you need an unmodified console. Just buy an unmodified console and you can download the update and play the game. Whats your problem?!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Those games feature a big warning on the box. I don't understand why you people are entitled to service - Nintendo doesn't owe you anything, you tried to pull a fast one on them.
just a copy paste'd link that people seem to forget about :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goods_and_services

good == your switch/ games bought (the EU digital goods here): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_goods
service == the online capabilities / game update/extensions (TOS goes here)

If games were to end up broken (don't work anymore) and depend on updates to work, then those would be borked "goods". Say, if you bought them 100% operative and through software updates those were rendered useless, then it'd indeed be ninty breaking the law.

But I haven't seen that yet

Last edited by Coto,
Reactions: Foxi4

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Then why don't you stop posting stupid things? Everything is already said. What Nintendo does is perfectly legal
Not everything, the thing with them deleting bought accounts isn't legal since by EU law since it is fine to resell accounts. Them taking down youtube videos are also not legal but nobody can stand up against them. Nintendo does a lot of stuff that isn't legal. Them not having an option and didn't want to provide an option for canceling preorders and by doing so refunding you wasn't legal and they got called out for that. Them banning you can be perfectly legal, not talking about that claim btw

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The sour grapes are strong in this thread. Good luck, guys - it's not going to work, but hope dies last, doesn't it? Your efforts are akin to that of a child that's done wrong, is being punished by a parent and pleads to be spared. Sorry, you're going to your room. By the way? They warned you that this was the case, you just didn't listen.

IMG_20180828_195931.JPG

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Them taking down youtube videos are also not legal but nobody can stand up against them. Nintendo does a lot of stuff that isn't legal.
TECHNICALLY it's legal for them to do so since they videos do use their intellectual property without their express permission. Is it a smart move on their part? Certainly not. But it's also not illegal

Reactions: c80

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Why do some people have more than 10 posts in this thread passive aggressively acting like Nintendo's lawyers intern?
Why do you care so much?

Reactions: Don Jon

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TECHNICALLY it's legal for them to do so since they videos do use their intellectual property without their express permission. Is it a smart move on their part? Certainly not. But it's also not illegal
No it doesn't. Especially with the MEME ban being abolished it was stated in the highest court in Europe that it is perfectly fine to do so for parody and other uses that doesn't claim you as the user. According to what you're saying, reaction videos, reviews, Jezus even me posting a picture in front of a Mario cardboard would be deemed illegal. It doesn't work that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game