[EU] Monster Hunter Free code promotion

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by splinters, Jun 8, 2013.

1. splinters
    OP

splinters Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2011
    Just looking at this promo and I see you need to register a 3DS between the two dates to be eligible to be given a code by a friend for a free copy of this game.
    The codes can be had for as little as a tenner (even though they are given free!!) and a friend has a 3DS PIN that I can have....all seems good.

However, I already registered 2 3DS and 2 3DSXL consoles over the years to my account.
    I don't care about the survey or points but would adding another Club Nintendo PIN code for a 3DS allow me to use the game code? I know I have to be gifted the code but my current XL is not eligible as it is already registered.
    The terms make no mention of this only that you have to register a 3DS or XL between 3rs and 28th of June to be able to 'receive' the gifted code.
    Any ideas if this will work?

2. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    I'd say, to be on the safe side, it may be better to open up a new account and do the stuff there.

3. splinters
    OP

splinters Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2011
    Not sure that will work mate...don't I need to register the code with the account I want to use the game on i.e. my own console?

Bit of a dark art for me this multiple account business. Just wanted to try the game if it was cheap enough.

4. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    If I read the thing correctly, you get a downloadcode which can be used on any 3DS/XL, not just your own but for example on your friends or someone you give it to.

5. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    would it be possible to register a friends game on your own nintendo account and redeem it ?

lol

6. ZenZero

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    nevermind

7. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Again, would it kill people to put the region in the title? This is EU only.

The Catboy likes this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Oh...I was actually really hoping this would get me a free copy of the game. I only have 2 3DS games right now >.<

9. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I wouldn't mind a free copy of the game, either. Especially since I just picked up yet another 3DS (I will have one in every color, plus one to fuck around with) for cheap.

Truthfully, though...if I were to get my choice of a downloadable title, I'd pick a second Animal Crossing

10. ZenZero

Mar 12, 2008
    Nvm

11. ZenZero

Mar 12, 2008
    I have a code!

Will PM it to anyone in return for a code for the SoManyGames promo. - First person to send me a code wins

I get 1/3 of a game.. you get a free game... good deal ;)

12. 112345veronica

112345veronica GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2010

ANyone know where exactly you type in the code for free mh3 game registered a 3ds and friend gave code to get game for free but see no option thank you