Gaming EU games with Japanese language option

Kamiyama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My brother told me to get him a Switch so we can play Smash and Splatoon 2 online together.

But... he has a really odd fixation. He only plays games with Japanese audio/text. That's because he practice his Japanese skills and all other games without Japanese on it would be "waste of his time".

I have JPN/US/EU profiles on my Switch, but I mainly use my EU account since buying Eshop cards for other regions can be a hassle some times. I can read Japanese too, but if there's English version of any game, I prefer that one. At least in in Smash there's Japanese language, so no problem with that.

The problem is that I have to get Splatoon 2 too, but then he said that he did read about region lock and also that there isn't Japanese option in Splatoon's EU version. Is that true? Also if I have EU version of Splatoon, can we still play together if he get Japanese version of the game? At least in Wii U, there's way more Japanese players than English speaking ones every time I play it online.

I would wanna know also all other games with Japanese language options. It would save a lot my time if I don't need to google every single game out there and I would be really thankful about all info. I try make a list too, so nobody needs to "waste" his/her time anymore with English "rubbish"!

hin12

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can check the list of languages available in European games on the Nintendo UK website.
Smash Ultimate: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean (it shows that the game is available in Japanese, like you said)
Splatoon 2: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Russian (no Japanese)
More info about Splatoon 2 region locking: /threads/splatoon-2-and-region-locking.527564/

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most games don't have Japanese language which I just can't understand why. I don't know why most Western publishers are removing original language from games. It literally never happens with western games. Of course I can always buy original copy of the game, but having to pay 2x more (that's the cost of Importing) for something so obvious like original language which is integral part of the game is just scummy.
That's why I really respect PQube. They are not only doing good job with translation, but all games released by them have an option to hange the language (subs and interface) on the fly.

Ps. Yes, you can play Splatoon with Japanese people (or people that are using Japanese version).

Last edited by rsc-pl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.