[Essentials] PSP Plugins

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by ackers, Nov 9, 2008.

Nov 9, 2008

[Essentials] PSP Plugins by ackers at 7:19 PM (2,016 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ackers
    OP

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already! If you are unaware how plugins on a PSP works you will need a PSP running CFW. Most plugins go in the seplugins folder found at the root of the memory stick.

Here are my favourite plugins so far:

Music - with this plugin you can listen to your own music during games like custom soundtracks on X360/PS3! You'll have to turn down in-game volume in the options of games though.

PopsLoader - an essential if you want to play PSX games on your PSP!

FastPower - with this you can power off your PSP just by pressing L and R triggers from the XMB and reboot the PSP by pressing L and Start.

Fusa ScreenShoot - this allows you to take screenshots of anything that shows on your PSPs screen. It allows you to use your own custom button combo to take shots and you can use a custom folder path for the shots to go.

CXMB - this plugin allows you to use custom themes (.ctf) very conveniently. Other means of using custom themes include flashing F0 which is part of the PSPs flash memory where the XMB data is stored. Many prefer not to mess with this as it is rather inconvenient and could brick your PSP. Note: certain themes only work depending on what CFW you are running.

Post yours and I might add it to the list!

2. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    CWCheat

USBVersionFake(useful if you don't have Wi-fi, but want to get demos(or games) off of the PS Store on the computer)

Popsloader(FTW!!)

3. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    I just got a PSP, but I can say Popsloader is good

4. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    CWCheat (Big cheat database, can also do txt file reading, screenshots, usb connect/disconnect, change CPU speed and a lot more)
    Popsloader (allows you to emulate PSX games)
    PSPStates (savestates)

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I think the reason why this thread wasn't made before is because there's not that many PSP plugins. Either way, I guess my favorites are CXMB and Popsloader.

6. BoomtownBilly

Member BoomtownBilly GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    It's been a while since I played a PSX game on my psp, why do we need popsloader is it better at running games corrrectly?

7. Flameburst

Member Flameburst GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I like CXMB, PSP save states and the Recovery LE Menu or something like that, I didn't like having to reboot the psp to adjust things.

8. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

some games worked only with certain versions of firmware

popsloader lets you choose which version is run when you load up a PSX game the first time

9. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    usbhost so you can use the usb to play games in full on you monitor.

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    CWcheat
    joysens

11. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    You know, I tried doing that... I tried playing my PSP on the computer, and for some reason, it was SOOO slow. It was horribly slow. It seemed like it was underclocked all the way, and that was just in the XMB! When I clicked on the game, the computer program crashed, but the game played fine on the PSP itself.