PS1/2 ESR game burning help

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, I have a small project for my friend - I made his memory card FreeMCboot with my PS2 and all, and we are able to use uLaunchELF from his PS2 and all... and ESR.

This problem is no about ESR, but th fact that burning a game does - not - want- - to - work.

We have TWO PC's disposable, two different ses of hardware, other one has windows 7 other on has windows XP. Different burners that work - all of that.

Here is the thing:
Taking a iso from my legal copy of persona 4 - Patching it, and then trying to burn patched iso will end up in lock up of PC with DVD decrypter, IMGburn, blindwrite messed up the dvd.

In case of DVD decrypt and IMGburn the apps completely locked up so that the process could not be killed before you force shutdown the machine from power button.

I mean. The instructions are easy:
Make Image (check)
Patch it (check)
Burn it ... HOW IN HELL DOES IT WORK - I man, people in PSX scene forums report to use particulally THESE TWO softwares - and BOTH fail ON BOTH machines on BOTH different windows versions and BOTH different CPU's etc.

Only thing I can tell that in win 7 machine, it says it writes lead in, then it says it is writing sectors, only to drop write rate to 0.0Kb/s after ten seconds. DVD disc appears unwritten completely

on Pentium 4 machine with WinXP, it says burning lead in... and stays stuck there, after while drive stops doing anything and program is stuck. DVD disc seems to have lead in area and no more.

After every try I deleted the old ISO file, and made new one from P4. Though, same thing happened with shadow of the colossus too, after patching it of course.

This has now taken SEVERAL tries, forced reboots, and humongous amounts of swear words to get through. ANY info on why this is happening, and why we cannot have good things.

(p.s. last update I remember is that it is legal to make a backup for friend in Finland)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still recommend using imgburn. Theoretically you could even use Nero, as on most discs there's nothing you could identify as copy protection.

Anyways, dump the game with imgburn, set imgburn to 4x or 8x speed, disable test burn. Hmm, maybe you want to go to its options and enable "Perform OPC Before Write" (OPC should be optimum power calibration). Also if it's a DVD+R you are using, try to set the booktype to dvd-rom, it will not help you to burn the disc, but some ps2s will require you to do that on DVD+Rs.

But to be honest, if you tried 2 PCs, 2 different windows, 2 burners, and 2 softwares, the only constant seems to be the media. If that's the problem here, you won't have any fun with it anyways, if even your burners have problems to burn the disc at all.

Console DVD drives are very picky about the disc quality, and it seems the ps2 is extra picky. I have several dead ps2s, all laser dead. So only use high quality media and try to find the best burn speed(it's almost never 1x, 2x or 2.4x!)

Ultratech87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I've never had problems using ImgBurn, and I've done plenty of games.

A few things to note:

For burning, I generally do half of the recommended burn speed. (So if the max burn speed is 8x, burn at 4x.) As a general rule, I use DVD-R since those tend to work better. Also, don't have a lot of stuff going on in the background if you're burning DVDs. This tends to mess up stuff for whatever reason or another.

Also, you may want to check your burner and see if that's the issue. More often than not, I've had some DVD burners die on me and not work (and by not massive amounts of burning stuff).

Come to think it, I think I've your problem occur a few times before, so definitely try another burner if it continues.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like burner issues. I use IMGBurn and have successfully made quite a few copies of my games. I've never had an issue with IMGBurn or the ESR Patcher, though I have forgotten to patch the games a multiple of times. I would also suggest DVD-R as thats all I use for my PS2 games.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, somehow BOTH the PC's at my Friend's place, where other machine is built, used, and configured by me - both had the exact same... Hardware issue or something.

At home sweet home, I could burn all just fine... Also, In the end I got my hands on some TDK discs what really rock it seems since all games that my friend did have problems with booting initially now work from TDK discs, cool.

So, it was weird configuration trouble on two PC's, a low change is a bitch.

Oh, And I burn always on 6x since my DVD drive cannot do slower - PS2 seems to like that speed though.

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there might be something wrong with your ISO. I don't know if it's true but if a original is scratched even a little and you try to dump it. things'll go wrong. So i recommend you get a different ISO of Persona 4.

(I have a Persona 4 DVD+R and it works fine)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Bluestainedroses said:
I think there might be something wrong with your ISO. I don't know if it's true but if a original is scratched even a little and you try to dump it. things'll go wrong. So i recommend you get a different ISO of Persona 4.

(I have a Persona 4 DVD+R and it works fine)

Nah, disc is fine. It came down into problem on two computers, where third did not have the problem in end.

After burning to costly TDK discs, every burned game worked fine, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, personas so on. So, my disc is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: