eShop games not released by scene groups question

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Palinkat, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

1. Palinkat
    OP

Palinkat Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    Ireland
    Hi All,

As the title says, I am wondering why NOT ALL eShop games are released by scene groups. Scene releases used to be a race between groups in the past but it looks like the NSW scene is different for some reason. What's the logic behind releasing some games and not others? For example there are 12 SEGA AGES eShop games available but only 4 were scene released.
    Beside http://www.nintendolife.com/switch-eshop/games/browse?sort=date&status=released&style=cover, is there a list somewhere of eShop releases that have not been released by scene groups?

Thanks a lot

2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I don't think none of that matters now when we have a freeshop-like app "HBG" for switch games that pretty much covers every game in existence all regions + Updates/DLC

Last edited by MasterJ360, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:20 AM
    Palinkat likes this.
  3. Palinkat
    OP

Palinkat Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    Ireland
    Thanks, the HBG thread here is quite scary :)

4. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    It's because Scene groups pay for what they publish. They hide behind walls to not get busted.
    Why they haven't release everything comes down to money. They can't afford it.

HBG takes donations, are public and it's the reason why more gets release that way.
    Also same with the Wii. We got "P2P"releases faster than scene thanks to it being so easy for anyone to dump the content.

Palinkat and x65943 like this.
  5. Palinkat
    OP

Palinkat Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    Ireland
    I assume they don't have a Win app, it's only NSW?