Hacking Es flash omega questions

Brottor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys, i hace acouple of questions about the EZ Flash Omega, I hope you can help me.
I have seen that the card has a soldered battery that I imagine os usted for for the clock in certain games (eg Pokemon Gold). When the day comes when the battery is dry out, could the clock be modified each time the gba is turned on so that it allows you to continue playing games that require a clock? (With working events)

On the other hand, does it work with all games at 100% speed, or is there one that suffers lag or slowdown?

And finally, do you know where to buy it at a good price today (in Spain)?

Thank you very much to all! And sorry for my bad english!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any lag or slowdown present on the Omega would also be present in the original game, same for any GBA slot flash cart that is not a supercard or clone thereof.

Yes if the battery goes and you don't care to replace it you should be able to set the time manually each time -- no game runs in the background as it were like modern mobile phone stuff and instead they just grab the time each time they are booted and the game reacts accordingly when it loads the save. By the way pokemon gold is a GBC game so technically the emulator that runs the GB/GBC titles will be using it instead, however it is much the same concept really and the actual GBA pokemon games will work as described just now.

Afraid I have not kept up with Spanish, or indeed European, resellers of late. A lot of the Spanish ones closed a few years back (got some very nice deals for myself then) and possibly after a court case there but I am not 100% on that.

Brottor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you so much for your answer.Thanks to your answers I have decided to buy the flashcart through eBay. Let's see if I get there soon and I can enjoy my childhood games again!

Thank you!

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    That really sucks, even for a rare and expensive laptop.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    you can bypass the chip by "tricking it" into thinking the power is clean but that kludge simply didn't work on mine
    +1
    I guess I'll just harvest the CPU and RAM one day and transplant it to a similar PIII laptop
    +1
    That is, if its compatible.
    ugh, bloody children blasting their degenerate music outside
    +1
    Happens here also
    yobbos
    +1
    There's this shit genre of music called "grime" and "mumble rap".
    It makes people mentally ill.
    idk what this is but it's horrible
    +1
    It sounds it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Psi has over 800 women on his Facebook now.... Like holy hell women be thirsty
    +1
    Why you have so many thirst traps on your FB?
    You wish that you had one in the Metaverse.
    facebook
    +1
    truly an old people website
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my old MX518 also had the rubbery coating starting to come off, i can never get it back to un-sticky state, the harder i clean it the worse it seems to get, same thing with the wrist rest on my old keyboard too
    +1
    I guess that is what happens to 00s electronics.
    my laptop hasn''
    +1
    my ~10 yr laptop hasn't suffered from it though
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    There are ways to sort it but they are unpleasant and expensive. Far easier to do a vinyl wrap/cover in electrical tape.
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Seems to be a more hot climate thing as well; had several in or come out of Africa with that way before I saw it in Europe
    +1
    Can also happen if you leave it in a cold, damp room for years and years.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: Can also happen if you leave it in a cold, damp room for years and years.