Hacking Error on GBA VC injects

Bing1093

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone so I’ve been busy installing a ton of GBA VC injects on my 3DS and they have all worked flawlessly except for two.
The two in question are:

1. Billy Hatcher Hyper shoot
2. NiGHTS into Dreams score attack

Now the thing about these two particular games is that they are not full games. These were a couple of downloadable games that you could play on your GBA if you connected it to Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg on the GameCube.

However, they still exist in ROM form and I’ve gotten them to run on every emulator I’ve ever used. Any idea why they aren’t working on VC injections? When I go to start them, I just get “an error has occurred. Please power off the system and refer to the operations guide”

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps they expect the link cable connected to the GameCube?

Have you tested on an emulator? It's quite possible they perform processing on the gamecube, and just use the GBA as a screen/controller. The 3DS has a built in GBA, not emulated, so any game which runs on an original GBA and doesn't need extra hardware should work.

Reactions: Bing1093

Bing1093

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps they expect the link cable connected to the GameCube?

Have you tested on an emulator? It's quite possible they perform processing on the gamecube, and just use the GBA as a screen/controller. The 3DS has a built in GBA, not emulated, so any game which runs on an original GBA and doesn't need extra hardware should work.

They work fine on emulators. But it could be the fact that, like you said, the 3DS uses actual GBA based hardware to play the VC games, so the games may be expecting a link cable.
I feel like it’s something that could be patched, but that’s way out of my area of expertise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's an apple but same idea