Error Loading DSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by RCintron, Mar 27, 2009.

Mar 27, 2009

Error Loading DSTT by RCintron at 4:00 PM (1,371 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. RCintron
    OP

Newcomer RCintron Member

Dominican Republic
    Double Post. Sorry!

I received several DSTTs from DX, but one of them isn't working. When I turn on my DS there's a folder that says loading, then after one second appears another folder saying ERROR!. I tried putting the microsd in another one of the DSTTs, and it loads fine. When I put the faulty DSTT without a microsd, the folder that appears says NO CARD, and when I put it with a microsd without the dstt menu, it says ERROR!.
    I'm using the no-fake-killer v1.17, and it's a real DSTT. I'm also using the modified savlib.dat and infolib.dat

I've tried inserting the microsd with some paper to force a contact, I've tried opening the dstt and re-closing it, and still does'nt work. I reformatted the microsd using the panasonic formatter, to no avail.

Anything else I might try?

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    If its a real DSTT why not just use the regular firmware? Only use all that other stuff if its a fake card.

3. RCintron
    OP

Newcomer RCintron Member

Dominican Republic
    Because in the DSTT FAQ that's what it said I shoul do! [​IMG]

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Through your tests you've elliminated the microSD card being the fault AND
    it can't be that you've not got the correct structure of the files/folders since
    I tried putting the microsd in another one of the DSTTs, and it loads fine.

You've eliminated the DSTT card itself because it's coming up with all the right messages when a MicroSD is not in
    When I put the faulty DSTT without a microsd, the folder that appears says NO CARD

The only problem is when there IS a card in with or without a menu.
    When I put it with a microsd without the dstt menu, it says ERROR!
    When I turn on my DS there's a folder that says loading, then after one second appears another folder saying ERROR!

This seems to indicated that the DSTT is not 'reading' the MicroSD card right - but it can't be a 'Contacts' problem since
    I've tried inserting the microsd with some paper to force a contact

I can only guess that you are unfortunate to get a DSTT that is actually N.F.G (or 'No F****** Good')
    I don't know much about card readers etc but it's possible that the 'internal clock pulse' of the DSTT is NFG, or one of the Data pins internally is broken (see diagram @ http://www.interfacebus.com/MicroSD_Card_Pinout.html for 'pinout')

I suggest that you contact DX & explain your situation. I've heard that DX are usually pretty good resolving Flash card problems - you may even be lucky enough that they will send a replacement without you having to send back the dodgy one

5. RCintron
    OP

Newcomer RCintron Member

Dominican Republic
    Thanks KermitFrog, that's what I thought too. The dstt is toast. I'll contact DX, and try to resolve this.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The microSD card probably isn't making good contact with the DSTT. You might try removing the shell and insert the microSD card to see if you can see if it's making contact or not. Is the microSD card clicking in and out properly (I believe the DSTT is spring loaded)?

-Bri

7. RCintron
    OP

Newcomer RCintron Member

Dominican Republic
    I removed the shell and the microsd was making contact. It also is clicking in and out correctly.