Hacking Homebrew Error Code 2002-4373 (0x222a02) Switch crashing on startup

Inkwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have to redownload all of it...my computer's storage only has 200GB, in total XD and I don't have any harddrive to use. But honestly though, I would rather learn more about this then reset and use the emunand again so in case it happens again I would know what to do, and it sounds like it would be fun actually to research and hear what anyone else has to say about it XD

I wonder if I can test this theory by starting some legit games I own on sysnand of this hacked Switch and then view what the that "saveMeta" folder looks like, and if there isn't a stray file then that would confirm that something is wrong with its placement and the file itself
Possible, but have backups before yiu tear things up…this could be protected because it‘s important.
Yeahhh i should have haha 😅

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have to redownload all of it...my computer's storage only has 200GB, in total XD and I don't have any harddrive to use. But honestly though, I would rather learn more about this then reset and use the emunand again so in case it happens again I would know what to do, and it sounds like it would be fun actually to research and hear what anyone else has to say about it XD

I wonder if I can test this theory by starting some legit games I own on sysnand of this hacked Switch and then view what the that "saveMeta" folder looks like, and if there isn't a stray file then that would confirm that something is wrong with its placement and the file itself

Yeahhh i should have haha 😅

let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. 1/2 a TB is a long wait.
Maybe buy another card? That way we can do what we did with the 64G but have enough space to copy the FAT32 contents over afterwards? Bonus that you’ll have a spare SD Card to do regular backups.

Inkwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm odd, I booted back with the same error out of curiosity and when I mount it back, that single file is now gone; however it seems it didn't fix things. I found this neat resource that documents the file system and error codes. Unfourtently though, it seems like the error code value (0x222a02) isn't documented on it: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Error_codes#Error_codes

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#System_Savegames however has info on"bcat" and points me to what files they are according to the SaveID under SYSTEM in the emunand mount! I'll back up these files and see what happens when I delete one by one and all at once-though tbh I'm not sure I'll see much success since it looks like they batch different pieces of telemetry rather than individual game save data, but it's worth a try since what I do know for sure is that something got screwed with some sort of bcat process
let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. 1/2 a TB is a long wait.
Maybe buy another card? That way we can do what we did with the 64G but have enough space to copy the FAT32 contents over afterwards? Bonus that you’ll have a spare SD Card to do regular backups.
I might look into one of those Portable HDDs, they seem to offer several TBs of data at a much cheaper price than Micro SD Cards. May be overkill but I wouldn't have to worry about not having enough storage in order to back up and store these games and content

Screenshot (27).png

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm odd, I booted back with the same error out of curiosity and when I mount it back, that single file is now gone; however it seems it didn't fix things. I found this neat resource that documents the file system and error codes. Unfourtently though, it seems like the error code value (0x222a02) isn't documented on it: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Error_codes#Error_codes

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#System_Savegames however has info on"bcat" and points me to what files they are according to the SaveID under SYSTEM in the emunand mount! I'll back up these files and see what happens when I delete one by one and all at once-though tbh I'm not sure I'll see much success since it looks like they batch different pieces of telemetry rather than individual game save data, but it's worth a try since what I do know for sure is that something got screwed with some sort of bcat process

I might look into one of those Portable HDDs, they seem to offer several TBs of data at a much cheaper price than Micro SD Cards. May be overkill but I wouldn't have to worry about not having enough storage in order to back up and store these games and content

View attachment 302626
Have you tried a Factory Reset?

Reactions: binkinator

Inkwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a Factory Reset?
Yeah I ended up initializing the console without deleting save data from the maintenance mode settings and that worked and I got everything set up again, still wonder why that error happened though. I really hope it doesn't again, at least, any time soon

Reactions: binkinator

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I ended up initializing the console without deleting save data from the maintenance mode settings and that worked and I got everything set up again, still wonder why that error happened though. I really hope it doesn't again, at least, any time soon
Can you share how you did this on EmuNAND? I'm facing the same issue and would rather not have to redo my whole NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0