Hacking Error code: 0xd8e007f7

r4m0n4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get this error when trying to run a Gender Removal mod for Tomodachi Life (which basically edits hundreds of the game's text files to use neutral pronouns and terms:

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 21
Process name: csnd
Process title ID: 004013000002702

Address: 0x00102a7f
Error code: 0xd8e007f7

I ran this mod through the OnionFS plugin with Luma3DS_3GX Loader v12.0.1. And although the mod works, after a while, it crashes and gives me the error displayed above. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the mod or the plugin loader. Any solutions? And by the way, no this mod won't work with the LayeredFS plugin built into Luma.

Vexthewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error when trying to run a Gender Removal mod for Tomodachi Life (which basically edits hundreds of the game's text files to use neutral pronouns and terms:

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 21
Process name: csnd
Process title ID: 004013000002702

Address: 0x00102a7f
Error code: 0xd8e007f7

I ran this mod through the OnionFS plugin with Luma3DS_3GX Loader v12.0.1. And although the mod works, after a while, it crashes and gives me the error displayed above. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the mod or the plugin loader. Any solutions? And by the way, no this mod won't work with the LayeredFS plugin built into Luma.

Could you explain how to recreate this error? And could you please link me to the mods page?

r4m0n4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you explain how to recreate this error? And could you please link me to the mods page?
I apologise for the late response.

I can't link you to the mod page, as I'm a newcomer and can't send any links. But search up 'gender removal mod gamebanana' and it should give you the right result. Once you're there, download one zip file depending on your 3DS region (the one I downloaded is the US region). Extract the contents of the zip file.

In the OnionFS folder of your SD Card, create a new folder called 0008C300 and place the romfs folder from the extracted contents there.

Turn your 3DS on and open the Rosalina menu, then enable the plugin loader, and open Tomodachi Life. The mod should then load.

This is how I'd get the mod to crash. Open the Concert Hall, select a Mii and choose any song, then keep editing the lines of lyrics. After a few minutes, the game will crash and display the error details on the bottom screen.

Let me know if I missed anything or if the error code isn't showing up.

Vexthewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologise for the late response.

I can't link you to the mod page, as I'm a newcomer and can't send any links. But search up 'gender removal mod gamebanana' and it should give you the right result. Once you're there, download one zip file depending on your 3DS region (the one I downloaded is the US region). Extract the contents of the zip file.

In the OnionFS folder of your SD Card, create a new folder called 0008C300 and place the romfs folder from the extracted contents there.

Turn your 3DS on and open the Rosalina menu, then enable the plugin loader, and open Tomodachi Life. The mod should then load.

This is how I'd get the mod to crash. Open the Concert Hall, select a Mii and choose any song, then keep editing the lines of lyrics. After a few minutes, the game will crash and display the error details on the bottom screen.

Let me know if I missed anything or if the error code isn't showing up.

Alrighty, I’ll take a look and see what I can find, I’ll get back to you in a bit if I find anything
Post automatically merged:

Update: unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a fix to your issue, here is what the creator of this mod (candygames) has said on the issue:

“I'm sorry the US version of the mod hasn't been working on Luma3DS. I really had though I'd fixed the issue. I suspect the issue is with Luma3DS since there is very little difference between the US and EU versions of the mod... the dialogue is different, but the file structures are basically identical, so there's no reason that one should work but another shouldn't.
From what I've heard, using the US version on Luma3DS doesn't cause the game to crash, but rather the mod just doesn't function. This leads me to believe that it's something to do with how Luma3DS identifies the US version of the game. Considering this issue exists with other US Tomodachi Life mods that edit text (which all work on Citra), I doubt the mods are the ones causing this glitch.
If you can find a way to play the EU version with Luma3DS, I think it's been confirmed that it does work... as for the US version, you'll either have to use Citra, find a fix for Luma3DS, or (unfortunately) accept the gendered nature of the vanilla game.”

Last edited by Vexthewolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1