Homebrew Error Code: 005-8024

kanikan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to download Mario Kart 7 from the nintendo eshop and got the error code of 005-2008, and the solution was to delete all unused tickets in the FBI application. Once I did that I redid the download and got the code of 005-8024, there is no information that I could find, please help!

Reactions: greens

MoeTech0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this the first time download mario kart?
and if not did u download it from eshop? or fbi first?

bluekirby700900

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having the exact same problem with pokemon transporter, i downloaded it from fbi a while ago but now im trying to download from the eshop

greens

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made this account because I was having the exact same issues with Pokemon Bank and couldn't find anything either. As it turns out the solution is quite simple.

I'm assuming its the same for everyone so the failed download should appear as a present on the home menu, go find it. Then when you are there hit the stop button in the corner and cancel the download (Stop > OK).

Then I restarted the system and restarted the download and had no further issues! This post is pretty old but hopefully someone finds this useful

MysticWarriors

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just made this account because I was having the exact same issues with Pokemon Bank and couldn't find anything either. As it turns out the solution is quite simple.

I'm assuming its the same for everyone so the failed download should appear as a present on the home menu, go find it. Then when you are there hit the stop button in the corner and cancel the download (Stop > OK).

Then I restarted the system and restarted the download and had no further issues! This post is pretty old but hopefully someone finds this useful
ABSOLUTE GODSEND THANK YOU, explained my problem exactly to the point we were trying to download the same thing, pokemon bank lmaoo, ITS SO SIMPLE BUT IT WORKED TYSM 😭 made an account just to reply to u 😭

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
If you have downloaded the CIA of that game (without purchasing) before, then the Nintendo eShop will have thought that you purchased it, but the title won't actually show up in the list of titles you can redownload (I think its in Settings/other option in the eShop), so then it gives you this error code when you try doing this.
I have also been wondering, could there be a way to just download a ticket file for the game you want and then you can just download it in the eShop for free?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have downloaded the CIA of that game (without purchasing) before, then the Nintendo eShop will have thought that you purchased it, but the title won't actually show up in the list of titles you can redownload (I think its in Settings/other option in the eShop), so then it gives you this error code when you try doing this.
I have also been wondering, could there be a way to just download a ticket file for the game you want and then you can just download it in the eShop for free?
That answer is no. ninty already made it so you need actual signed tickets for the updates and the such to work.

Nezha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That answer is no. ninty already made it so you need actual signed tickets for the updates and the such to work.
Potentially dumb question to follow up on: Will updates on software become unavailable after the eShop closes? I'm wondering if we'll have to rely on archived updates/updated CIAs from soon on.

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Potentially dumb question to follow up on: Will updates on software become unavailable after the eShop closes? I'm wondering if we'll have to rely on archived updates/updated CIAs from soon on.
Nintendo will probably do their shutdown in steps. At some point you won't be able to update your titles but I think that's one of the last pieces that will be shut down.

I think the steps will be similar to this:
Multiplayer services -> eShop -> Updates

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will updates on software become unavailable after the eShop closes? I'm wondering if we'll have to rely on archived updates/updated CIAs from soon on.
That'll probably happen at a later date, not initially. When will it happen is anyone's guess, it could be a couple of months after the eShop closes, a year or more.. But when it happens, you can't dl game updates..

Neut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bro holy shit, you’re an absolute madman. I’ve been at this for 20 minutes now deleting the unused tickets and deleting the app and restarting with no results.
Post automatically merged:

You’re an absolute madman, i’ve been trying to figure this out for 20 mins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs