Error code 005-5999

throwawaybecauseimstupid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is a post like this one with a solution, however, I have the same issue and it's persisting. What happened was, basically, I performed a system transfer from my main n3ds to a donor n3ds to region change my system to get it to be able to properly use the eshop and such. I messed up and ended up setting the system up anyway in JP before using cfw to region change to US. So I saw that the eshop still didn't work and used the default CTR NAND image from the 3ds.hacks site to restore my region. When doing a system transfer with my system, it now just throws the 005-5999 error.

TL;DR - same issue as solved question on GBAtemp but I don't have the original NAND backup as I overwrote it with the US region almost instantly.

throwawaybecauseimstupid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did the system transfer, or region changed the target 3DS without having a nand backup first then there's nothing you can do to undo both. Same for your main 3ds.
That's fine, but are you saying that there just is no way for me to be able to complete a system transfer at all with my main system now?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine, but are you saying that there just is no way for me to be able to complete a system transfer at all with my main system now?
You haven't stated what you did in detail, did you complete the system transfer process? Do you still have your data on your original (or main) 3DS, or is it all wiped? Same for your target 3ds.

throwawaybecauseimstupid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't stated what you did in detail, did you complete the system transfer process? Do you still have your data on your original (or main) 3DS, or is it all wiped? Same for your target 3ds.
No, the transfer didn't complete at all. It throws that error at the eshop section. Yes, I still have the data on both.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You cant do a transfer if its been region changed, either console. Both need to be set to what they were normally. If you dont have the nand backups and the ctr nand images dont work, then you dont have a lot left other than just using each one as they stand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.