[Error: 51330] Wi-fi connection not working (Router info inside)

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Jordy19, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Jordy19
    OP

Jordy19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    Hello everyone, I've suddenly a problem with two Nintendo Wii's in my local network.
    They've always been able to connect to the internet but suddenly they aren't able to connect anymore.
    The connection test results in a 51330 error all the time, I've tried every password type available but I always get the 51330 error with our main router, but when I try a second router plugged in the main router, the wii actually connects.

The main router settings are..
    Radio: 2.4G - Mixed (802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n)
    Channel: 11
    Bandwidth: 20 MHz
    Password verification type: WPA/WPA2
    encryption type: TKIP/AES
    Key interval: 3600
    MAC Filter: Disabled

I hope that I've given enough information and that someone can help me troubleshoot this problem.
    Everything here works, even my 3DS, just the Wii won't connect.. :(

- Greetings, Jordy.

2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    This should help.
    Mostly it says:
    "Error Code 51330 or 52130: This means the security code you entered into the Wii is not the same one your router is set to. Look in your router's settings and try again"

The password is being typed wrong. Are you sure you are putting the right one in?

Jordy19 likes this.
  3. Jordy19
    OP

Jordy19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    Yes, I'm 100% sure I write the right password. the password works at my other machines, so it must be the correct one. I've looked up every page about this error but nothing was helpful for me.

Router settings are WEP2+AES and yet it fails and gives me 51330.
    The Wii's firmware is version v4.3E and the router is a Technicolor.

Last edited by Jordy19, Jun 17, 2016
  4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Did you try deleting the connection settings and reconnecting the consoles? Maybe change channels on the router?

Jordy19 likes this.
  5. Jordy19
    OP

Jordy19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    Yes, I've tried every connection slot, cleared the connections and tried again, I've tried both channel 1 and 11, I power-cycled the router each time I changed the channel.
    The wii is running version v4.3E, I couldn't accidentally ran an update right? This isn't the latest version right? D:

6. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    That is the latest version, but I don't think it should mess with the internet connection...

7. Jordy19
    OP

Jordy19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    The wii is soft-modded, might this be a cause that it stopped working?

8. CreeperdivoHomebrewer

CreeperdivoHomebrewer The Guy Who Killed Paladin Danse

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    Boston 2287
    Did you use that app for internet,The one that sets the connection 1,2 or 3 as default?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did you use that hbl app for internet,The one that sets the connection 1,2 or 3 as default?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

offline network enabler?

9. Jordy19
    OP

Jordy19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    I only used Netflix and the internet options in cfg USB loader for downloading themes and covers, not sure which homebrew launcher internet app you are talking about ans what do you mean with offline network enabler. Both the Wii downstairs and upstairs aren't connecting.

10. Jordy19
    OP

Jordy19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    Bump.

11. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    Have you tried changing the password on your internet? If not, try changing it to a WEP encryption with a different password because those are mostly Wii friendly...

EDIT: Also do you have Priiloader? Because there is a setting in there that disables the Wifi for some reason. Try checking that too.

Last edited by ChaoticGamer, Jun 24, 2016
  12. M[u]ddy

M[u]ddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2009
    Germany
    NRW
    Bumping this thread, because I've got the same problem. I also have a Technicolor router (TC7200). It used to work fine, but without changing the connection settings, it stopped working at some point.

13. Wiimm

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany