Error 361

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by roids, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

Error 361 by roids at 5:28 AM (1,122 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. roids
    OP

Newcomer roids Newbie

United States
    hi everyone. im new on this(backup launcher stuff) but i've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now. i want to know if anyone else has gotten error 361 and fixed it??????? every backup i insert gets the same error!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help? [​IMG]

2. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Dont think Ive hear of that one.

3. techfreak713

Newcomer techfreak713 Member

United States
    I never can read the error message on my screen when I load the backup launcher and it fails...but there have been two reasons I have gotten error messages in the past:

1. Incorrect installation of IOS and CIOS - if the wrong CIOS is installed, or the DVDlib isnt installed, then the backup launcher won't have access to the disc drive. Go to http://www.wii4everybody.com/2008/11/wii-b...r-03-gamma.html for the step by step instruction, it worked for me.

2. Iso is incorrect or the DVD media you are using is not compatible with the Wii. I spent several hours trying different isos and burning methods and DVD+R's and DVD+RW's trying to figure the best combination that will work. I found that for my burner and wii, Maxell DVD+RW's burned at 4x through ImgBurn (a free app for burning iso's) worked best, but your situation could be different. Most 1:1 isos will work, but a few need to be patched or BrickBlocker 'ed. It shouldn't be too hard to google these tools.

I hope this helps, because I understand how frustrating this is. Two days ago I stayed up until 8 in the morning working on it, and I finally got things working last night. So far I have managed to get GHWT, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Excite Truck, and Castlevania Judgment running, and so far none have failed under the circumstances I have described in #2.

4. ozl

Newcomer ozl Wii4everybody

Mexico
    It worked great for me too just go to the Link provided by techfreak713 and all Noobs and experts may learn and contribute a little more
    We are all here to Learn and HELP!
    Good day people!

5. scrappy

Newcomer scrappy Member

Germany
    You are right about trying to find the right media for burning Backups of games, but the tutorials you found are mostly outdated and very dangerous for an unexperienced reader.

Hopefully they will stop when they fail installing HBC with the twilight hack and try to find better tutorials.

The mentioned method for downgrading FW to 3.2 will deadly brick most Wiis if its not an old unit!

So please be careful what tutorials you recommend.
    You will find every information you need in the newbie and sticky section at gbatemp, including step-by-step tutorials.

6. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

Look at the date that he recommended this. Massive bump ftl.

7. fogbank

Member fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh shees...sorry I even posted.